Has Anyone Else Had This Problem??

Latacia

I haven't been on here lately. I have had so much going on along with my pots getting worse. I had 10 tubes of blood drawn Wednesday for some more test. Since I hd the blood drawn my body is feeling weaker than it normally does and the dizziness is super crazy. This is the first time I have had blood drawn like this since I have been diganosed. Has anyone either had an experience like mine after have this done??

Yes, I often feel worse after having blood drawn (many of us with POTS do). I try to avoid blood tests unless they're absolutely necessary. I had five tubes drawn this morning, and I feel very weak, dizzy, and extremely fatigued. I feel very bad every day, but I'm definitely worse now. It's good that she didn't draw more tubes today. I waited several weeks to have it done because I've been so sick, but I couldn't put it off any longer. I've been feeling worse by the hour, even though I've been resting all day, eating well, getting plenty of salt, and drinking a lot of fluids. I hope you feel better soon!

Yes, it takes me a few days to recover from getting my blood drawn, especially when they have to draw a lot of tubes. Now I get real anxiety about getting blood drawn because it takes them so many sticks. So, that might have something to do with it, too. I hope you feel better soon!

I am fortunate enough to have a port, because it gives me the ability to self-administer IV fluids after a bloods draw, so I don't usually feel too bad after one. But sometimes luck is just not on my side, and no matter what I do it wipes me out. Fluid load like crazy and hopefully that will help you get some relief!

Sandy