Biotin Vit B7

gertie

My finger & toenails were paper thin & very ridged. I later read somewhere that this is common in small fiber neuropathy. I started biotin and had good results for both my nails and thickening of my hair. I initially started at 2,500 mcg & was pleased with the results, which occurred rather quickly- with no side effects. However after a few months, I noticed that the benefits diminished. I raised my dose to 5,000 mcg and am once again pleased with results. I've been at this dose for years now.

I also have to supplement Vit B-6, and B-12. I am convinced that part of my problem is my body's inability to metabolize B vitamins. Not sure why.... But I did notice that one treatment for small fiber neuropathy is HIGH doses of B-12.

I'm using a sublingual that contains: B-6 as pyridoxine (2 mg) and folic acid (80 0mcg) and B-12 (1,000 mcg) combo from Trader Joe's. It has a tiny bit of natural cherry, stevia & dairy as filler. No problems so far and the doses are high enough to make a difference. Before I started taking this, my RBC's were very large & misshapen. Further blood testing revealed NO underlying deficiencies, BUT my son's doc (with a similar blood profile) at Hopkins still recommended that he take the supplement & it's normalized our RBC's. I think (not sure) it helps a little with morning energy.