Night Sweats

kayjay

Hi kayjay. I only have very mild, very occasional night sweats now. But, when all of this started 4 years ago, I had them every night and they were really bad. It turned out I had Lyme Disease and Babesiosis(another tick-borne illness) both of which went undiagnosed for a long time. After I was properly treated for that, the night sweats improved dramatically. It may be worth looking into if you are active in the outdoors and they don't have any other good explanation for it. It is a common symptom of Lyme.

I have horrible night sweats all the time. I sleep with a box fan pointed directly on me on high, my ceiling fan on high, as little clothes as possible (I find t shirts disgusting cause I soak through them so I wear spaghetti straps), I take a cool shower and go to bed with my hair in a wet bun, and sometimes even wrap large ice packs in a thin towel and place them on my legs, stomach, and forehead. All these have helped quite a bit. I hope you get some relief soon.

Hi

I had terrible night sweats that started in 2006. I would even sweat if I took an afternoon nap! It was so bad that my hair would look like I had just come out of the shower. My sheets would be imprinted with a body as I had soaked them through.

I started florinef in March and I haven't had night sweats since then. Its the only thing I can credit them with as my BP still swings around something terrible during the day.

I had limited results taking ibuprofen at night - some one suggested it on here for night sweats. I had to stop taking it due to reflux.

Rach

I go through cycles where I have day/night sweats a couple of times a day. They may be "hot flashes" however, since I'm in perimenopause currently. I also have a fan on me, both on the floor directed at me, and the overhead fan. I have long, thick hair, and when I get into a cycle of sweats, it's enough to make me think about cutting my hair short!