For Those On Exercise Programs

gertie

I'm just curious, do you have any energy left to do normal household chores when you are on these exercise programs? I've always been a person that altho I worked a full time job I always did an intense daily workout. I find now that I have Dys/POTS that any exertion makes me worse. If I exercise today I can hardly move the next few days. Thanks & good luck to all!

Hi Alicia,

I've been working beyond Levine's three month exercise protocol for almost two months now. My ability to do household work varies greatly each day, throughout the day. Usually, I can still do at least some amount of laundry and light cleaning after doing cardio/weight training that day.

I would like to ask a question-do you hurt?

Does your body ache?

I guess you could say I'm trying to do more.

More to me is even less than a regular person's light or resting day.

My body hurts clear down to the bone especially in my chest diaphragm even rib area.

It scares me but once I get up and move the pain goes away.

It's hard to know if this pain is normal and okay or a bad thing.

I'm unsure.

Can I do anything post-exercise?

Not really, its nappy-stupid time. That really hasn't changed much.

Do I hurt? Do I ache?

Bleepity-bleep *$#@! YES! Even after three years of weekly exercise I hurt! It isn't as much or for as long as it was when I started, but it still takes a couple days to recover. My chest pain is worse and all my POTSy wonkiness is worse for a day or so, but I function better the other four days of that week, so I keep doing it.

i just got back from the mayo clinics three week pain and no i cant do anything after exercise because my feet and legs swell after exercise with pain but let me tell you going to mayos pain program was a godsend because i am now and forever out of my wheelchair and walking everywhere and it has gave me back my life.

Ken, I'm lost!!! Were you in a wheelchair due to pain, and now pain-free so able to walk? Or, were you in a wheelchair from POTS and now the POTS is stable and allowing you to walk everywhere? Either scenario is obviously GREAT for you!! But, if it relates to POTS, it might help a few others.

Sue i was in the wheelchair manily because of pots you see everytime i stood up i would have severe dizziness from pots that kept me from getting out of my chair but mayo showed me ways to use my bodyso i wouldnt have he dizziness as bad and that is why i am walking now.

Edited by corina
removed the quoting

ken, thank for sharing your recent mayo experiences here! that might help others to keep hope and not give up! just a little for your information: when you want to add a reply you just need to scroll down the page and use the (dark blue) Add Reply button (right side). all the quoting makes it more difficult for our members to read and takes a lot of bandwidth. thanks for understanding ken and really happy for you that going to mayo made such a defference to you!

take care,

corina :)