Anesthesia

Me too! I am having a double on the 27th. I recommened general. I wont do twilight. My bp is much better controlled with general. I went out really quick buy it took me around 3 hours.to wake up lol oh well got a nice sleep in :)

Of course you will feel groggy after but I did fine pots wise. The only issue.i had was with my pain killers, but we wont need them for this procedure. Dont worry too much it goes.by vert fast and the aneseseologist will be by you the entire time. Just make sure.you are in a hospital setting, not an outpatient clinic.

I wore.compression stalkings and they helped. It might mess with your.pots for a day or two, but I did great with it!

I don't have POTS. My daughter is the one with it. I have had a colonoscopy though, and was not put to sleep but had some kind of IV sedation. I have a very curved colon and past experiences with flexible sigmoidoscopy were so painful that I had to have them stop the procedure both times but I did not have sedation for those. I put off the colonoscopy because of my fear and it actually went very smoothly for me with the sedation. I was not tired or spaced out form it, and even though I had a few twinges times of pain I had a wonderful doctor that talked me through it. Perhaps you can have it done without anesthetic. Most people use a form of sedation where you remain awake rather than anesthetic. Also the doctor doing the procedure said a colonoscopy is usually less painful than a sigmoidoscopy.

I've had local anesthetic twice since I started developing symptoms of dysautonomia, and neither time did I feel worse after the sedatives wore off. Though I did find out that I'm allergic to whichever kind of anesthesia they used the second time. I itched for two days afterward :/ Though after I came out of recovery, I noticed that I had no balance and I couldn't really do much of anything. I think that's pretty normal for recovery from anesthesia, as it's happened to me before (and the nurses didn't seem surprised).

Anyway, I think I have POTS, but I haven't been diagnosed with that specifically (just autonomic dysfunction). Hopefully you won't have any ill effects!

Meg,

Honestly, there is no way to tell how you will do post-POTS. My suspicion (my educated guess), is that you did fine in the past, so you will do fine again.

All the other comments about "general" anesthesia vs. twilight, you really cannot say, for each person has different reactions to different things, POTS or not.