Root Canal

gertie

Has anyone had a root canal? When the dentist filled my tooth he drilled into the nerve. What makes it even worse, I didn't have a cavity but was only having an old filling replaced. Now I can't chew on the tooth. It seems every experience I have with dental work has been negative. I've been putting this off for a long time but the only other alternative is to have the tooth pulled. That would be a faster procedure but I still wouldn't have anything to chew on. I have severe reactions (seizures)to glues & other chemicals. I'm told it takes a long time to have a root canal? What was your experience. Thanks.

I had a tooth pulled a few weeks ago. Hate injections in my mouth, but made sure it had no epi and did fine. He had difficulty pulling the tooth out, because it had broke off and there was really nothing to grab onto. My tooth hurt for a whole week afterwards. I went to the dentist the other day for a filling replacement. He said the filling was deep. But everything went fine with that. No pain.

As far as a root canal... I would rather have my tooth pulled.