Who Helps You With Daily Chores

gertie

I notice that most of us have days/weeks when we feel to ill or weak to get out of our chair. I can't help but wonder how you keep your household running?? I live in rural area where there seems to be an unending list of chores that always need doing. I'm a senior & can't afford outside help nor can I afford to leave my home & go to a retirement home. It seems to be a hopeless situation for us on a fixed income. thanks.

I notice that most of us have days/weeks when we feel to ill or weak to get out of our chair. I can't help but wonder how you keep your household running?? I live in rural area where there seems to be an unending list of chores that always need doing. I'm a senior & can't afford outside help nor can I afford to leave my home & go to a retirement home. It seems to be a hopeless situation for us on a fixed income. thanks.

I live with my parents and they help me with my two kids aged 8 and 6, and my husband drives me every where and does a lot of things when I can't. I guess I'm really lucky to have so much help and am very thankful for it.

Hey there!

My ex husband (i still call him hubby, cuz we are a team sorta) and my parents always help me out. If i can't manage anything, even walking to the kitchen... then hubbs makes sure im fed and the kids are fed (he might would get fast food on my worse days or he can cook too). My kids help out cuz they are 14 and 12.... I am teaching them how to cook and my daughter is getting really good at it, so that helps. But we are really clean people so, like when you walk in our house it is clean, except for dusting, sweeping and vacumming. I always taught the kids to pick up and keep things organized and clean.... therefore we all clean up our messes as soon as we make them.......

I do let the housework go for weeks sometimes... the laundry, i might do once every 2 weeks, with my kids help of course. The hubby cleans too, like the dishes, etc.

I guess I got lucky to have all the help i need...... i am truly thankful, despite the agony of this ever present disease.

I hope you have help, or can get some.... it breaks my heart that so many of the girls on this forum don't have help..... I wish i culd clone myself just to help others..... ugh.

god bless!

tennille

Alicia-is there anyway you would consider a roommate?

Someone who needed a place to stay that could help out a bit?

That's a great idea lieze!!!! When my kids dad left and married another woman (while we were married)... he has been 'disappeared' for 11 years now..... but right after he left... I found a roommate with a child.... she helped out alot..... that's definitely something to consider!

tennille

I'll be honest with you. We can't afford anyone to clean our house, so only the "important" stuff gets done. My husband does the kitchen and the floors. We split washing clothes. I clean the bathrooms. Cleaning a bathroom can be done in under 10 minutes, so those are the things I do, and they don't necessarily get done on a schedule. Sometimes the clutter builds up(well, alot of the time!), and I'll spend 10 minutes a day for a few days decluttering a room.

But, it's hard. Our house is cluttered and we just live with it. It is not a priority. I'm lucky to get my shower done--some days it is a hair-wash day, and others, I know I don't have enough time or stamina to wash my hair, so it's a quick in-and-out shower.

My ultimate goal is to have a house with the bare minimum "stuff" in it, so we don't have to worry about the clutter. But, as many of you have experienced, this POTS hit me out of the blue, so I couldn't "plan" for this. If I would have known, I would have gotten rid of 80% of our stuff, then let it hit! So, my goal for this YEAR is to declutter. I have worked through a few rooms, 10 minutes at a time per day. It is VERY slow, but hoping then I don't have to look at 30 years of stuff that was put off in closets and drawers while I was busy living life.

My husband helps with the daily chores and once a month I have help come in to do the heavy stuff.

On my good days I do some laundry, load the dishwasher and cook a little. My husband does most of the cooking and all of the supermarket shopping since I get really dizzy in the supermarket.

It's just the two of us now; the kids are grown so there is not that much to do.

I like your idea Sue1234 of decluttering 10 minutes at a time.

There are a lot of chores that we have to do since we have three little kids, but we do try to keep things to a bare minimum and, as someone else mentioned, we try to declutter constantly. My sweet husband does all the cooking (the heat from the stove is too much for me), laundry (it's in the basement), dishes, etc. I can sweep, tidy up the kitchen and clean most of the bathroom, etc. from my wheelchair. Some things, like dusting, get done when possible, and our beds are never made :). Do you have something like home care in your neck of the woods? Here, we could have someone come in to help attend to my needs if required (light housekeeping, etc)?