Midodrine And Not So Low Blood Pressure?

yuliya

Has anyone here with a POTS diagnosis been put on Midodrine while there pressure is fine. POTS effects my pulse and my pressure stay fairly normal. After my doctor talked to Dr.Grubb he is now putting me on meds that he suggested down the list one at a time. I have tried Flourinef but it gave me headaches and made me very thirsty, now I need to try midodrine, but I'm scared because my blood pressure is normal already. Any one with tried this let me know and any side effects.

Thanks

My blood pressure is also normal and I do take midodrine. I take 2.5 mgs in the am and again around 2 p.m. It has not raised my blood pressure significantly (about 5 points systolic and diastolic). It does help me to stay upright a little better. It is not a significant difference but it helps somewhat.

My daughter started on 2.5mg of midodrine three times a day. It helped her to not be dizzy and stopped the near passing out by increasing her standing blood pressure - but that's all it did for her; her doctor suggested doubling it to see if it would help with other symptoms as well, I was concerned about increasing her blood pressure too high and he still wanted to try it, he said it may or may not increase it, and when we did increase the dosage it did not push her bp readings any higher. It also did not help any more than the 2.5mg, we don't think.

My daughter started on 2.5mg of midodrine three times a day. It helped her to not be dizzy and stopped the near passing out by increasing her standing blood pressure - but that's all it did for her; her doctor suggested doubling it to see if it would help with other symptoms as well, I was concerned about increasing her blood pressure too high and he still wanted to try it, he said it may or may not increase it, and when we did increase the dosage it did not push her bp readings any higher. It also did not help any more than the 2.5mg, we don't think.

how was your daughters pressure before the midodrine? was it low/normal/high? thanks

Oh...It was low. Guess I didnt really answer your question in the first place did I...sorry, I guess I was thinking when the midodrine increased her bp, it was sort of not low, higher but not really high enough...then we doubled it, with no ill effects....if that makes any sense...sorry for the confusion!!

Oh...It was low. Guess I didnt really answer your question in the first place did I...sorry, I guess I was thinking when the midodrine increased her bp, it was sort of not low, higher but not really high enough...then we doubled it, with no ill effects....if that makes any sense...sorry for the confusion!!

it ok, confusing question, I just wanted to know how people were effected with normal bp. thanks anyway.

yuliya.... I was prescribed midodrine at my last appointment as well but i haven't even filled the prescription because I feel the same way as you do. I am concerned because I think my BP is not as low as others who take these medicines. I'm concerned that it will raise my pressure too high and then instead of low, I'll be dealing with high and new issues. my average is about 100/65 , give or take 10 on each side.

Hi

I used to have low bloodpressure. Have been on midorin 9 years, and a very high dose also. It was the rigth dose the first years, but then i think i have been on a too high dose for years. I have had high bloodpressure at times for years also. But i havnt been taking my bloodpressue to much sitting and standing up. I march i had a sort of episode thing that lastet two weeks. Along whit other things my bloodpressure whent too high sitting and standing then whent of the midorin. That was not good either. But i started on a lower dose,and have contiued on that dose. My old dose was 3 tabl 2,5 mg 3 times a day. Now its 1 tabl 3 times a day. My bloodpressure is all over the place, but havent gone under 80/50 or higher than 165/120 of late (but i dont take my bloopressure that often, i try, but)

best of luck