Disability!

FINALLY got a letter with a date (next wednesday) to meet up with an appointed cardiologist for a physical exam. They said after that, it would be a month or less before I get a decision.

I am just really worried because I am so young (21) that they are going to deny me based just off that. Also that the cardiologist will probably have no clue about POTS and will screw things up for me. Anyone have an approval after doing this?

Are you using an attorney to try and get your disablity? I have hired one and my court date is set for July. I don't have to checked out by any doctor. In fact it's quite the opposite. My attorney is taking depositions from all my doctors to prove to the judge that there isn't any way I could be working with this condition. Hope it goes well for you. Maybe run up and down some stairs before you see the doctor, just kidding, but that would certainly get my heart rate going for a good time.

Maggie

haha I am thinking about just not taking any meds that day :rolleyes: and just not sleeping that night at all. Ill give the doctor a real run for his money LOL.

Yes I have a lawyer, I have filled out my application, it been around 4 months and they finally sent a letter saying I need a physical exam. I am just happy it was not a denial letter because I have not heard anything else from them. I am worried because this is not one of my doctors, but probably someone who has no clue about POTS. So I will be bringing a whole bunch of information about POTS to my appointment and hope he is not ignorant.

Very smart to bring information about POTS. I am 40 and have had Dysautonomia for 8 years. I worked as a Respiratory Therapist until last May. I went to Mayo Clinic and have my EP, Cardiologist and my Primary doc that say I am unable to work. I have been turned down twice. Don't let it get you down if you do, everyone says it's normal. I have an attorney. SS gives the reason that: due to my age and educational level they feel as though I could find some type of work less demanding. Ha is what I say. I pass out around twice a week. Anyway good luck and I hope you get your approval letter. I wouldn't take your heart meds at all the night before or the day of.

I pass out around twice a weeek.

teecee ... I can't believe you were denied if you're passing out that often. I'm an ER nurse and fainter. I had "high risk for syncope" in an initial application form filled out by my doctor and it was approved without an appeal needed. I tried to go back to work but was told it was a workers comp nightmare to hire a fainter. Amazing how each application must be treated differently. Hope you have better luck and don't give up.

Brye