Anywone Worse On Ssri's?

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Paxil was a godsend for me. I never had any side effects, though. I've heard you have to give it up to a month to work. You can also start slowly (less than 1 tablet) and wean up. I do that with all of my POTS meds (as well as wean off using fractional doses), having learned the hard way that my body can't handle the "normal" pace. Also, sometimes you have to try different SSRIs to find the right one. I don't know how often Zoloft is prescribed for dysautonomia, but Paxil and Lexapro are the ones you hear about most often. Even then SSRIs don't work for everyone. Good luck!

Before i could gett midodrin the doc had to put me on a ssri. It about 10 years ago so dont rember the the name of the med. But it made me very sick, and agrivated all my pots symtoms bad. I actually had to go to the er and was admtted to the hospital..

Where i had the good fortune to meet this really nice doc saying that my conditon only was a problem if climbing ladders. So there was no reson for me feeling like i did etc. Nice nice man. I got out of there as quikly i could. And never tryed ssri again..

• 1 month later...

I was put on Lexapro for depression last year. I was on it for two months, and it made me feel ten times worse. I was fainting almost every day, I couldn't do anything without having a near-fainting episode. I had tremors. I felt sick to my stomach. I couldn't breathe. Once I quit taking the Lexapro, I felt fine.

I'm now on an antidepressant from a different category. It hasn't made my symptoms any worse, but it hasn't made them better either!

I've also been on mood stabilizers, two different anti-epileptic drugs. They seemed to make my symptoms worse too. I always wondered if the fact that they acted on the nervous system had anything to do with that.