Elevated C- Reactive Protien

I can't remember and I just stowed my medical records away. I almost wish I hadn't.

Immunoglobulin M (IgM), which is found mainly in the blood and lymph fluid, is the first to be made by the body to fight a new infection.

Immunoglobulin G (IgG), the most abundant type of antibody, is found in all body fluids and protects against bacterial and viral infections.

Immunoglobulin E (IgE), which is associated mainly with allergic reactions (when the immune system overreacts to environmental antigens such as pollen or pet dander). It is found in the lungs, skin, and mucous membranes.

Sure its an inflammatory marker.

It is elevated in LOW FLOW pots where elevated angiotensin II levels result in increased oxidisive stress and chronic inflammation.

Go get it checked out - id be happy with that result.

A doctor recently said to me in an email that inflammation and angiotensin II seem connected.

• 1 month later...

I don't know as much as some other people about POTS theories, but I have been doing some research about CRP & inflammation. Here are a couple of potentially useful links that I found:

http://www.beyotime.com/reference/aj516-2-aj518-2-am071-am076-ref3.pdf

Excerpt: "Conclusion: The present study demonstrates that AngII has ability to induce CRP expression in HAECs [human aortic endothelial cells] through AT1-ROS-ERK1/2 and JNK-NF-kB signal pathway, which strengthens understanding of the proinflammatory and proathroscerotic actions of AngII."

http://hyper.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/short/HYPERTENSIONAHA.109.140608v1

Excerpt: "In conclusion, CRP is not only a biomarker but also a mediator in Ang II–mediated cardiac remodeling. Enhanced upregulation of the Ang II type I receptor and activation of the transforming growth factor-{beta}/Smad and nuclear factor-{kappa}B signaling pathways may be the mechanisms by which CRP promotes cardiac fibrosis and inflammation under high Ang II conditions."