New Study On Salt

Very Interesting Indeed! You know it is going to take A LOT of evidence to turn/prove something that they have thought for a number of years. Kinda like us.... "Do you think you might be depressed?" "Have you tried to calm down during these episodes?" Etc.

Thanks for Posting!!! ;)

Thanks for posting this interesting link. I have to agree with Dr. Alderman: “The low-salt advocates suggest that all 300 million Americans be subjected to a low-salt diet. But if they can’t get people on a low-salt diet for a clinical trial, what are they talking about?”

:D

Well, I learned this: I did not know that a low salt diet increased insulin resistance! :blink: Where in the heck did that tidbit of information come from??

Here we POTS people are having issues with fluid balance and sodium balance, AND alot of us have sugar balance issues. Sounds like a connection being made here....

As far a high or low, common sense tells us "balance" is best. Everyone needs salt.

I agree with Sue. I want a link to that "tidbit."

I heard on a TV show, "The Doctors" (I think) that losing 1 tsp of salt a day has the same health benefit as STOPPING chain smoking. THAT scared me. Now, this makes me waiver...

I agree with Sue - moderation in all things. If it doesn't make sense - don't do it. We need some salt, preferably a salt that is not refined and had all the minerals stripped or chlorined out of it. Like a sea salt or himalyian salt. But, most foods naturally have a certain amount of salt in them already - so salt throughout history has been a precious and valued possession. Not something that is dumped onto food and over powers the flavors - but used to enhance. What does common sense tell us?