Compression Stockings

Compression stockings - which ones?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just started wearing Mediven sheer and soft when I feel I need the extra help. I ordered these online from Brightlife . They are a bit more expensive but have been good so far and actually seem to have given me more time on my feet. So far I have tried 15-20mmHg which probably isn't enough, and 20-30mmHg which is definitely better. I also started wearning sports compression pants for my walks which I purchased online from wiggle.co.uk. The compression from these is quite strong but really good. I can't wear them for too long though as once I stop exercising it makes me feel like I am having high blood pressure.

I find the mediven sizing really good for me and perfect for my small size and stature.

• 5 months later...

I also use the Mediven waist high stockings, 30-40 mm. I tend to bloat in my abdominal area, and have had pretty good luck with these, although I can't wear them outside during our super-hot summers here is AZ.

Thigh Highs - mostly Sigvarius - most expensive but because I'm tall - that's what I have to go with. I like the Elegance ones for dress and under pants the cotton ones - can't think of the name - cooler for summer in AZ they breathe but are really ugly. Because I'm hyperPOTS and have higher bp's the doctors are wanting me to go lighter strength than I was using - so will be going down to 20-30.

Issie

I have all three but I find that the waist high help the most. Knee high are pretty much useless in my opinion, and thigh high help but they are hard to keep up and don't help me nearly as much as the waist high. My doctor told me that more and more research is coming back recommending either waist high stockings or abdominal binders because they compress your mid section. Apparently there is a large blood vessel around there that can be affected. I'm not sure which it is though, I can't remember.

I just started wearing Mediven sheer and soft when I feel I need the extra help. I ordered these online from Brightlife . They are a bit more expensive but have been good so far and actually seem to have given me more time on my feet. So far I have tried 15-20mmHg which probably isn't enough, and 20-30mmHg which is definitely better. I also started wearning sports compression pants for my walks which I purchased online from wiggle.co.uk. The compression from these is quite strong but really good. I can't wear them for too long though as once I stop exercising it makes me feel like I am having high blood pressure.

I find the mediven sizing really good for me and perfect for my small size and stature.

Hi Lotus

Please can you share with me the link to the sports compression pants you got from wiggle?

I am a guy, and was thinking about wearing these under a suit if thin enough. As it's winter now here in the uk I'm sure they could be worn under jeans. I wear compression stockings to the knee but wondering if these are better. i understand you can buy sports compression pants which are graded in compression like the stockings , which is what i'm after.

Thanks

Aron