Burning soles

morgan617

:P Well for the last 3 weeks the soles of my feet have felt like they are on fire. I haven't seen this posted before and feel like a dork. They are as red as a fire engine too. I looked it up and it talked about neuropathy, but really the type of that I've encountered deals with pins and needles and tingling etc. I haven't seen any postings here for this, although I may have missed them. Or maybe I've just got some new psycho symptom. They feel like when you walk on grass that is frosted. that burning cold feeling. I can't stand to wear shoes, it almost makes me cry and believe me, I don't cry from pain very often. I have an appt. with my pcp tomorrow, or today, the 4th anyway and am really embarrassed to tell him about this new and unusual pain in the butt, or feet I guess. I do have pins and needles too. But they are nothing compared to this. Any input? Thanks Morgan

There have been a few replies to this problem. I promise you it is just another part of the P.O.T.S. At my last Cardio check up he explained to me that the two nervous systems do not correspond to each other normally. You know that our veins do not function normally and the pins and needles, and redness is just all part of it. I get the red feet so bad that I can’t even drive. I put my air conditioner full blast on my feet and it still burns like crazy. I normally take my shoes off and walk bare foot, that helps. :o

I need to tell you the third joy that works hand in hand with this problem. Don’t get a fright when you wake up with dead feet and hands. I often get this. Your hands can also just suddenly go dead. I guess the best advice would be to get use to it. At least it alternates from the one to the other and you wont get all three at the same time. Our bodies will always entertain us with something new and exciting. Personally I am counting the days until winter. I HATE SUMMER! EVERYTHING IS WORST! :P

Guest tearose

Hi morgan,

I've been trying to go into my memory banks to remember when I had a spell of red, hot feet...I recall mine came during the winter a few years ago. It was february and very cold. I had trouble with extremely dry and cracked skin too. I recall how soothing walking on cold tile floors felt! I used eucerine creme and put socklets over my feet to soothe them. I only had the problem for about four weeks, but then again, March brought warmer weather, I guess I attributed it to poor circulation, bad weather and then I improved. Naturally, if you don't find a way to relieve the bother, go to the podiatrist. take care, tearose

Hi Morgan! I am pretty new here but thought I'd pipe up and add in! I get burning feet as well, mine usually happens at night and just about drives me nuts! Sometimes some ice wrapped in a wet cloth helps to soothe them, other times not. I was told to try ibuprophen as it is an anti-inflammitory, and that this was related to POTS. Hope that helps a little! Laura!

Guest GayleP

Hi Morgan,

I also get the burning feet but mine itch as well. It's deep in my foot so nothing helps. I used to get this several years ago and then it jsut stopped. And now it's back again. If I get it at night I can't sleep.

I always thought it might be a neuropathy. Let me know if you can figure it out.

GayleP

Guest Ph03ziX

Hi I get this too, normally after doing something which as I have M.E/CFIDS is usally tiny, like a tiny walk. Mine burn like mad and sweat along with the palms of my hands, totally out of charachter. And they hurt like ****, which ofcourse doesn't happen to normal people when they sweat. Usually I never sweat, even in the summer. It gets so hot I have to take my shoes and socks off as they feel abnormally restrictive like they're gonna blow up! Sorry you have this, I don't know if mine is the same thing though,

morgan, the medical marvel! :)

sorry, just teasing you. gotta love it huh?

do tell your pcp, k?

i don't have an answer for you...as i don't have that symptom...

my mom does get the itching, burning, red feet after a walk or something on a hot day and goes nuts. don't know what it is though, and not as extreme as what you are experiencing.

sorry i haven't emailed you...know i am thinking about you...too much of a potshole to keep up with emails...i owe a lot of you out there! sorry!

later alligator! emily

Well I did talk to my pcp about it. He was dredging in his brain. There is some sort of disorder that has these symptoms but he says it's rare, erythema something or other. Anyways, he says it's a vascular condition and would certainly fit in with pots and my problems, but there's no treatment for it. What a shocker huh...not. Anyway so there it is. Thanks for your input though, I can't take ibuprofen, but I will try some of the other things mentioned. i seem to be okay as long as I don't have to cover my feet. By the way, on wednesday I am getting steroids shot straight into my middle ear, is that gross or what. They deaden your eardrum, then just go thru it with needles and shoot in the steroids. He knows I don't handle the oral stuff well and it did help my hearing a little, so he would like to try this. He says it won't be systemic like the oral meds are. Am really looking forward to needles in my ear. :) JUst when you think nothing else in your body can break. My pcp told me he felt I was the worst failure he has had as a doctor. It broke my heart. He has done so much to try and help me and says he won't be able to forgive himself if I stroke or something. He was about to cry. No wonder I love him. I told him enough was enough and not to give it another thought. Isn't he a keeper, or what! :blink: morgan

Hi Morgan,

I am glad you have a diagnosis for your symtoms and I am sorry there is no treatment.

You have an honest doctor to tell you how he feels and I hope that it did not make you feel bad (worst failure and stroke). I don't know how I would react to be told that but I think it is hard to take. Your a courageous lady.

Good luck with the needle. I'll be thinking about you.

Ernie

Sweet Ernie, I am glad he's honest and up front. It makes it easier for me actually. It is nicer to me than the old stand by, you look okay! I hate that! I know with my bp, it's only a matter of time and I'm glad I have a doctor who I can talk to about it. He doesn't sugar coat or make me feel bad for wanting to be honest and tell him I'm tired of it all. I am not afraid and I wanted him to know how much I love and respect him and I know he will do what I ask. So the only part I feel bad about, is that HE feels he failed me in some way. It's my BODY that has failed me, not my doctor or family or anyone, and who knows why. It just is. I told him that when I was two I climbed in a cupboard and ate two bottles of baby aspirin and That was the beginning of the end. So at 50, I've been sick for 48 years. If my mind was gone I guess i wouldn't care, but isn't that the ironic part of this all. We have enough brain power to sit around and stew about it. But no body to do much about it. I pushed myself very hard for my whole life until i hit a wall and then I fought against that. Now I'm just tired and I don't want to fight anymore. So I am glad I could tell him that and that he understood and we both understand where I stand. I stand on my word. I'll stand up for my rights, blah de blah :) I think stand is my word for the night. So don't worry, I'm totally okay with it, but thanks for your concern. I think I won't be coming here very much anymore as I have things to do now. I will lurk occasionally I am sure, but I will definitely miss my friends here, who have given me so much support over these last many months. You are all brave and kind and sweet souls and I know you will all be okay, and when I get to talk to God, (hopefully) I will have a word or two with him about these kinds of things happening to wonderful people. Because I am outspoken. And if He loves me, He will listen carefully. HA, He is listening now and already has his responses, so i will just bumble a lot, but I will request that you all wake up on the same day, HEALTHY and WHOLE. (and of course alive) Peace and blessings to you all. Love Morgan

I used to get this but haven't for awhile. I use a cream rub called Swedish Bitter Capsaicin Cream by NatureWorks. I get it at one of our local heath food and natural remidies type store. I use it all over my body, except my face, for everything from aches and pains to unknown and undiscribable things. Unlike other capsaicin creams, this one doesn't leave you with the slight burning sensation, just cool and the slightly warming.

I hope you feel better.

Blackwolf

Hi Morgan,

I wanted to answer you before but it took me a few days to think it over. Thanks for explaining where you are coming from. I can totally relate to you. I am sorry that you have so much health problems and mostly few or no solutions. I don't want to loose you or have anything bad happen to you but I am powerless to do so. The only thing I can offer you is my support and empathy.

I admire you for many of your qualities: courage, maturity, insightfulness, generosity, altruism, perseverance, etc.. I am sure you will one day talk with God. If ever I get to him first I will do the same for you.

I will always remember you.

Love and hugs

Ernie

Guest tearose

morgan, don't know what to say...I am moved by the compassion of you physician...by the way you are dealing with it all...I wish you peace. You are in my prayers. Even if you do take a break from posting...we will not let go of what you have given us...

in friendship, with love, tearose

morgan

I was very sorry to see your message that you might not be posting much anymore. I hope that is temporary. You are one of the most informed patients on here and I have learned so much from you. Also, I can tell you have a wealth of life experience as well. I am also so sorry that you have struggled so with terrible, unrelenting symptoms with limited relief. I admire you for your continued fight.

I am glad you have such a truly caring physician. It sounds like he would go to the ends of the earth at this point to help you, if he could.

With much admiration, and hugs,

Katherine