So My Doctor Wants To Take Me Off Of Valium Cold Turkey?

This will be interesting been on 12.5 mg for 3 years he is the one who started me on it. He now sais "I don't feel comfortable prescribing it to you" I haven't increased dosage one time so I don't know about that. Also everything I read you shouldn't stop cold turkey you should get off of it gradually. Wonder what I'm going to expect just quitting cold turkey interesting..... I wonder if I should go to one of those "pain" clinics and lie my *** off like crazy say I have really bad anxiety and I need a lot of good drugs that would work. But then again I'm kind of at the point I don't care anymore. I think I'm gonna go see a shrink and see if a SSRI will work or something.

P.S. I hate medication and doctors. Doctors used to actually figure out the problem and fix it. Now they just "Practice Medicine" meaning they don't know what they are doing.

Any new exciting breakthrough research on anything about dysautonomia?

I see in the past 4 years wikipedia has grown with more information but don't know how much of that has to do with the members here......

How did you take it? 12.5mg every am? or thou out the day? I was weened off klonazepam but I took 10 weeks. I would go back to the prescribing doctor and talk to him about weening off if that is what you really want to do. Show him a plan to start at 10mg and decrease by 1mg each week.

Speaking from experience...you really should be tapering from any of the benzo's. Fortunately, you're coming off the one that has one of the longest half-life...Valium is typically used as a last-step when tapering from some of the nastier benzo's (Xanax, etc.). I recently tapered from Klonopin (.125 BID...small dose).

As mentioned earlier, show your doc a solid tapering schedule. Here's a couple of methods (I did direct): http://www.benzobuddies.org/benzodiazepine-withdrawal-methods

I don't think any doc should take any POTS patient off ANY drug cold-turkey! Unless they want to screw us up.

I totally agree to taper off, but I don't get why your doc is wanting to pull you off now after 3 years? Do you have a POTS doc? Any other docs that understand and would continue your meds? This sounds like a time to have a good talk with your doc about POTS.

Withdrawing your benzos without a taper could cause life threatening scenarios to unfold ~ siezures minimally. As a nurse I've seen benzo withdrawls on hospital protocol with a detailed and doctor approved taper & additional medical helps and people can still suffer mightily - the patient is monitored as if in an ICU - this is no joke. Stand up for yourself - go to an ER if you must and detail out the doctors name and address and what he is doing - maybe they can contact him .... Again this is very serious stuff...