How Low Do You Go?

Standing or sitting? Mine are definitely lower when I stand up. Sitting though the lowest I get is in the high 80's systolic. Are you having symptoms when it's that low. I would look into a cause if mine were that low.

Brye

Position definitely matters. I might feel fine lying flat on my back with a pressure of 70/40 but absolutely rotten standing up with a pressure of 86/51. In fact, I start to get confused about my surroundings when I'm that low.

I'm not sure what's going on, because I was doing fine on my meds, but now my blood pressure is beginning to swing low again, like before I started taking anything. I'm not enjoying it.

Position definitely matters. I might feel fine lying flat on my back with a pressure of 70/40 but absolutely rotten standing up with a pressure of 86/51. In fact, I start to get confused about my surroundings when I'm that low.

I'm not sure what's going on, because I was doing fine on my meds, but now my blood pressure is beginning to swing low again, like before I started taking anything. I'm not enjoying it.

mine goes as low as 70/40 (lying/sitting) and i get horribly nauseated, sometimes vomit, dizziness, syncope, sob, and chest pain. my standing bp varies from 80's/40-50's to low 100/50-60's. sometimes i have an increase of my bp upon standing, and others a drop in my bp. so idk, its frustrating for me and confusing for my doctor.

This is laying in bed at night. Good question about what it is standing at that same time of day. I'll have to test that out and see. During the day standing it can be as low as 80/40's, but 90/50's is more typical for me. I wonder if sleeping through the night -- 8 hours of very low pressure could be doing some harm?

Well my BP is normally in the 110/60 range, but under Doctor instructions lately I have been taking it only standing up. Yesterday, I was having a Yuck moment of stomach pain, dizziness, feeling faint and I went over to the machine....it errored 4 times before I finally recvd. a reading of 64/21. No wonder I felt like poo :blink: But then I sat down for a wee bit, took my BP 2 hours later and it was 98/79??? Who knows..... Just another crazy day in the ol' POTS world ;o)

I have actually almost flat-lined while hospitalized. My mom quite literally saved my life. (She's an RN) The last measurement was 40/nothing, and falling. The nurse I had wad "too busy" to respond to my Mom's increasingly frantic calls. So she finally decided to heck with it, and took care of me herself. As she said, she wasn't about to sit back and watch me die when this was a situation she was trained to handle. And when the nurse finally showed up, she had the nerve to yell at my mom for touching hospital equipment. At which point mom went postal! I got transferred to a telemetry unit and ended up spending a total of two weeks in the hospital.

I normally run about 90-100/60-70. But on my bad days it is more like 80's/50's. Or I get these weird narrow pressures, like last night was 90/76. And for some reason the narrow margin pressures are the ones that make me feel the worst.

Sandy

my known high was 240/204. my known low was 52/25. happened within 20 min of each other, no alpha or beta blockers. I go wayyyy high, and generally low is 80e/50s...used to be low (and lower all the time). I wonder if all the treatments have messed me up more, but now that im ona break from some of my meds (on IVs still, and epo & clonodine), my BP is all over the place & super tachy. So, I just dont know anymore. Im having "doctor, medicine, illness fatigue/burnout" right now.