Severe Nausea

i have been having severe nausea, and persistent vomiting when my blood pressure drops...does anyone else have this problem? i also am nauseated pretty much everyday. this is all really frustrating and each day it seems there is a new problem. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh brother do I know that feeling. Are you on any meds? When I finally got on doxepin, the nausea just seemed to fade away. Are you able to get extra fluids? It is so hard when you feel so sick, but even tiny sips will add up over the day and help the BP. Zofran didn't do a thing for me. Phenergan can help but it's very sedating and doesn't last long. I do hope you feel better soon. Nausea is THE WORST.

My son has been nauseated daily for 2 years now (in varying degrees and severity). Nothing has helped and the doctors don't have any idea what to prescribe next. Doxepin at a very high dose gave him relief for 7 weeks last fall(still nauseas but very minimally), but unfortunately it was short lived and no longer helps.

I'm interested in knowing what everyone is taking. Zofran in pill form and put in an IV was of no help. We tried every over the counter med, plus things like ginger and popsicles for pregnant women,etc... I have a long list of meds I hand over to his doctors so they don't try to reduplicate what he has already tried.

Good luck with your search for the right med and hopefully it is a fleeting symptom-here today and gone tomorrow.

Christy

Christy,

I was extremely nauseaous, but once I started taking H1 and H2 blockers (Reactine/Zyrtec and Zantac) along with the other meds listed below, it has really improved. In my case, it seems to be mast cell related. I suspect that Zantac and Nalcrom/Gastrocrom are the meds that help my nausea most. Good luck to you both.

I had horrific, constant nausea that refused to respond to anything except Reglan, but I developed some troubling neurological side effects and had to stop taking it. After that it was basically two years of GI torture: diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain, the works! But I got diagnosed with Celiac disease in february, and as much as I hate to admit it, (because I am the world's biggest carb junkie!) after about 4-5 weeks things started to completely calm down. The only time I have any trouble is when I accidentally have something that isn't clearly labelled, or through cross contamination of food. Other than that, everything has been peachy since!

Good luck!

Sandy