Have You Had An Upper Gi?

sue1234

Have you had an upper gi?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sorry, I added in one more question, and I don't see an option for me to vote on question #2. I'm sure this also is a problem with the one other person who has voted so far. Anyway, I would vote "yes" for having stomach symptoms before POTS.

Update--I just saw where I can "delete" my vote, and then vote again. I will do that, and I hope whoever was voter #2 will do the same.

I've had an endoscopy for suspected GERD, a barium swallow, an esophageal manometry and a HIDA scan. I have a "slow swallow" and subnormal stomach sphincter closure. Most of my GI issues went away after my gallbladder was removed, but sometimes food goes down really slow and I can't swallow quickly (much less chug any liquids!)

I have had pots forever and have had gerd for a long time but last year I started having severe upper abdominal pain and then in the summer bouts of diverticulitis. I had my gall bladder taken out because we all thought that was the problem but a few weeks after the operation the pain returned. It seems to be on a 2 to 3 week cycle where I will have severe pain in the upper center of the abdomen. Feels like gas but I am not particularly gaseous. I am having a endoscopy in Feb.

I had an upper GI about 6 months ago, and they diagnosed me with a small hiatal hernia and esophagitis. I take Prevacid now when it's acting up, and that seems to help. I still need to do a colonoscopy since I have issues in that area, too, but am procrastinating scheduling an appointment. I just have such a hard time swallowing all of the prep!

Guest tearose

I've done upper gi series.

I think if you have the test done when you are not in a flared state it won't be conclusive.

I have GERD and periodic gastroparesis. Some times you see inflammation, sometimes you don't, I just have to manage them. I go for the gi series to be sure I have no new damage.

• 7 months later...

Once again, I just had an endoscopy and gastritis was found again. I think on my first four scopes, I had gastritis in 3 out of 4, but a duodenal ulcer on the one without gastritis. So, now in the last 10 years, I've had gastritis on 4 out of 5 scopes, and ulcers on 2. I don't drink alcohol, very, very rarely do I take a pain reliever, so not sure what's going on. I do not have GERD and never have. I am wondering about h. pylori, if possibly the previously negative test was wrong or something. The only consistent gi symptom I've been going to gi doctors for for 10 years is the never-ending bloating. I had biopsies done this time to relook for celiac, but I don't think celiac would cause never-ending gastritis(not positive). Oh well, I'll wait and see what their comment are when they get the biopsies back.