What Does This Sound Like?

icesktr189

I cant sit up and im sleeping like crazy. I am also so dizzy and lightheaded that I cant walk around. I feel like i cannot focus my vision and everything looks dim. Also my anxiety levels are through the roof. I have had about 4 panic attacks today, but sometimes i dont feel any anxiety. Does this sound like normal POTS, or something else? I am at my wits end right now. I am getting over 10 hours of sleep a night and feeling like i have not slept at all.

Are you snoring? Could you have developed apenea? That would explain the dizzies, brain fog etc. Lack of oxygen at night and not really going into the rem sleep because your brain isn't telling you to breathe if it's central apenea. There are two kinds - one with the brain the other in the throat. Also, waking and feeling like you never slept. I have these - both kinds and I feel this way. I think the autonomic system goes wacky at night and your brain doesn't work properly and therefore your body functions don't either. Keep a watch on your oxygen levels, even during the day.

Any change in symptoms warrants a visit to the dr. Can you see the dr who diagnosed you, or a doctor that understands autonomic dysfunction?

That said, all the symptoms are POTS symptoms, many sound familiar to me personally, when my symptoms were severe or when I get a bad flare up. Are you drinking enough fluid and taking salt as directed by your dr.? IV saline could help too.

But sounds like you should talk to your dr.

I dont think i snore.. well at least my fiance has never said anything about it haha. However, I do have very swollen sinuses that could cause a decrease in oxygen. Did you have a sleep study to confirm this?

Yes, I did. You have to have a study to see what is really going on - if there are sleep related problems. Plus, they have to see how much pressure it takes for you to get enough air in. There are also three different kinds of CPAP machines - depending on what the problems are. If you don't snore, and it doesn't sound like you are holding your breath and then letting it out or waking yourself up regularly - then you probably don't have it. I would wake myself up - in order to breathe, and I snored and held my breath. I still have issues with this even with a CPAP and oxygen. But, it's allot better. When there is obstuctive and central brain involved - it's a real problem.

What are you currently DXed with? What is your current treatment regimen?

Unfortunately, I've had all of the symptoms you describe, but don't want to make any recommendations till I know more :)

Julie

What are you currently DXed with? What is your current treatment regimen?

Unfortunately, I've had all of the symptoms you describe, but don't want to make any recommendations till I know more :)

Julie

I definitely have too much adrenaline, but usually there is a reason why. I have the epstein barr virus diagnosis like 3 or 4 months ago (i dont know if its still active) POTS is much worse and allergies are pretty bad too. I am on allergy meds and they are helping but its not enough