Fingers Hurt In Cold Weather

I have the same issue, it is Raynaud's disease. The extremities don't get enough circulation. I have had this for decades. And can you believe it, I used to walk dogs three times a day in the cold and I'd wear two or three pairs of good gloves just to get through it! My rheumatologist said the best thing is to prevent getting cold in the first place, which is what I've always done. He even said he has patients who wear thin gloves to sleep in. On some nights, I can see doing that! I have also found that since starting Armour thyroid I am staying warmer in general. Before that, the Raynaud's was worse.

Mittens are better than gloves. Move as much as possible to keep your trunk warm as that will help your extremities. And, like the previous poster said, warm up before going outside. I put my bare hands over the car's or my home's heater vents (heat as high as I can stand) for a few minutes before I go out to run, etc. Start warm & you will stay warmer. NEVER get your gloves or mittens wet-kiss of death :blink: . Focus on deep breathing and relaxation to open up those arteries. Last, but not least, stay hydrated. Raynauds occurs, in part, as a response to low blood volume. Keep your hydration up and there will be enough blood to go around :D

Julie