Is Constant Emotional Stress A Cause To Keep You In The Hole?

lissy

I have had severe emotional stress for a few years now, I was actually under severe stress when I became ill. And I'm beginning to think its preventing me from healing in anyway...I know I have to change the situation that is causing the stress but its going to be very hard for me physically , but I know its best for my health. I know I'm not getting straight to the point but I'd rather not put all the details online.

I guess I'd like to know how many have began recovering after getting rid of some major issues in life and was it hard having all the responsibilities on your own with NO help? I need Gods assistance so bad and please pray for me.

Lissy-

I could be barking up the wrong tree here- so forgive me if I am... But, I suspect that your stress may be coming from a toxic/negative relationship. YES, that can make healing so much worse. I sense your dependency on this other person and I get that too. I just want to say that you deserve better. Many folks here have survived and even thrived after break-ups. I hope they will post and offer you encouragement.

Living in a state of chronic stress NEVER helps with a chronic illness. I'm sending good thoughts, healing, and prayers your way.

Hugs-

Julie

I am wondering what the ages of your children are. You should seek advise from - a lawyer - or county and state organizations.

I did do what you seem to be considering. I did wonder if I would survive all the work. In May of 2009 I decided to put my home up for sale. The number of hours I put in prepping it are nuts. 20 hours in the garage- alone. That BTW was the only

area I timed. I put it up for sale in Oct and it sold in 5 days. thank God, because my daughter and husband were not happy about any of this, but esp the intrusions during showing the home. Trying to have it "ready to show" would have been impossible over a longer time period.

Because I was working 7 days a week and taking my daughter to her alternative school- requiring an hour of driving 5 days a week it was obvious that I had to do it. We now can walk to her school and I can get by working 4 days! WOOHOO

we moved here Nov 5 2009, I was hanging on. In march 2010 my daughters dr. (a psychiatrist) asked me to cut hours- work 9-3

on weekdays if it was possible. I was able to fill that bill. Losing my friends- coworkers- put me over the top and I was barely able to function. I would say anxiety was the issue. So I got, and still ,get counseling. No question about it- I'm glad I did it. The situation was bad and now the situation is great. I did get separated - I did do all the work. It was HARD and I didn't know if I'd go crazy and off the deep end. My parents are not living and siblings either could not or would not help. I had no friends , I worked 7 days a week. Clearly a good choice- looking back.

and now the big difference -I do not get tachy - it could be physically impossible for you. I have OH, NCS and

chronic long term Hepatitis C. Since you are on no meds I suggest you see if they would improve your abilities.

Hello,

Well my children are almost 4 and 2 1/2 and one is in pre-k only a few hours a day. After my post things got so bad and lets say hes in jail for the weekend...I have had 2 hours of sleep in 2 days and nothing to eat today I have lost 5lbs this week alone. I'm glad hes away but I know I have to get out of here before he gets out . I have mental strength I can get through it its just the physical part I'm worried about.

I'm so overwhelmed and hurt and this all seems like a nightmare he busted the door down twice lastnight and they finally took him, I'm scared and so exhausted . I really need some peace to get myself together to tackle everything ahead of me.

I just need rest right now and 2morrow with be better with a clearer mind thank you both so much

Lissy,

You may have resources lined up. If not, I have a suggestion. Consider calling a local shelter for women & children that are victims of domestic violence. Typically, they will offer you a safe place to stay for a month, while helping you to get a new home established. They also help with the legal end of things, etc. I used to work at one. It was a good place, with good people, who exist solely to help in situations like this. They have access to resources that you need now.

Lots of love & prayers. Try to keep us posted here.

Hugs-

Julie

Lissy,

I will be praying for you. My heart pours out for you and your children in this difficult situation. My mother went through the same thing when my brother and I were little. Julie is right that there are resources out there waiting to help you. Let me give you encouragement.

This may be a tough transition for you, but see it as writing a book, a new chapter in your life. With God's help, you get to decide what is next. You may have some stumbles along the way, but that is ok. You will be better and stronger in the end. The children will grow up strong and and much happier.

Also, try to find a medium to large church in your area. It is a place for comfort and solace, a place for learning and growth. They too have resources that will be beneficial as you get back on your feet. Remember that God will not always remove the storms from our paths, but He will guide His children through the storm. The end result will always be rewarding.

I will be praying for you!

In God's love,

Robin

hey all,

I am okay he did get out and is here. And I am doing okay but I have had some medical emergencies going on so I haven't been able to post.

Thank You all for being here for me and right now I am so worried about whats going on physically I will start another post for that topic but this issue has to be set aside for now.

Thanks again Lissy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh I'm so sorry for you and what you're going through! :(

YES there is no doubt in my mind that this is really causing your POTS to be worse!

I had a big problem in my life a few months back, horrible stress, my whole life was coming to an end it seemed.

Finally through MUCH dedicated prayer things got better but it took it's toll on me big time! I had the worst pass out episode yet and had to go to the ER.

This was only 2-3 days after the situation was resolved and all was better. There is no doubt in my mind that it was a direct response to the insane amount of stress that was happening in my life.

I am so sorry and I hope and pray that things get MUCH better for you! Just stay as close to God as you can as He is the ONLY one in your life who will always be there for you, never lie to you, never break your heart into a million pieces.

Just cling to Him and stay in His word and in prayer to Him. I came to the huge realization that that's where I need to stay in my, if you put Him in his rightful place all other things will fall into their rightful place. :)

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! :) God WILL help you! Just stay faithful to Him and don't give up!

Btw, I said a prayer for you just now and your situation! :)

Guest letitbe

yes yes yes yes

And can literally bring on symptoms one never had. i know if some ofthe most aweful owies would begin to be replaced by goodness, it would give strength. And humans in my life.

When we/you get that little bit of strength, it leads to the better steps to wellness.

I know I would drastically believe in anything with a support system.

YOU stared that amazing thread months ago about 'What Pots Has Taken" correct?

When I saw it, i finally saw others.

As I was told in my self hurt thread, people CAN steal us from us by constant demeaning. Anyone who says otherwise is....something not of this planet.

HOLD ON. Want to go to the beach? Winter won't affect the power of the ocean!

It is amazing how deep and dark holes can be. More amazing that people who can help--won't and people paid to hear--are deaf.

xoxoxooxox X 10000