crazygal8705

Hi everyone! My name is Juli and I am 16 years old. I was diagnosed with POTS last November, although I have been sick since I was about 5 years old. It all started with an occasional fainting episode then it evolved into multiple fainting episodes, seizures, low blood pressure, ect. by the time I hit puberty. That's when I got really sick. Anyways, I just wanted to say "hi" and say that I'm new to this forum. Hope you are all having a good day!!

Guest tearose

Welcome Juli! Thanks for joining and saying hello. I always like to suggest to a new person to look into the previous posts to get a lot of good information. Sorry you have to deal with this disorder but you found a great place to learn and share! Be well, tearose

Hi Juli!

I'm fifteen and also have pots (as well as ncs, mvp, and who knows what else... ;) ) My symptoms also really hit right around puberty, although, now looking back there have been all these little clues from throughout my childhood. I've had the low bp, fainting, seizures...everything, so I really feel for you. I'm one of those newbies that briarrose was talking about, and unfortuantely it's taken until now for the doctors to diagnose me. If you want to talk feel free to email me.

~Sarina

BTW, are you able to go to school?

Hi Juli!

I'm fifteen and also have pots (as well as ncs, mvp, and who knows what else... ;) ) My symptoms also really hit right around puberty, although, now looking back there have been all these little clues from throughout my childhood.  I've had the low bp, fainting, seizures...everything, so I really feel for you. I'm one of those newbies that briarrose was talking about, and unfortuantely it's taken until now for the doctors to diagnose me.  If you want to talk feel free to email me.

~Sarina

BTW, are you able to go to school?

No, I don't attend school right now. At least, not a public school. I go to an online school called ECOT. It stands for the Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow. I got too sick last year and I wasn't even able to attend more than 10 mintues of class before passing out or having a seizure. If you want more info about the school I go to, feel free to PM me!! I'm not feeling so great at the moment, but I will respond as soon as possible!!

welcome juli...

you will find this site to be a HUGE source of support and information...

i hate seeing another 'young face' on the board b/c it means yet another young person struggling with this illness...and i am sorry that you have to deal with this at such a young age...

BUT...i am grateful that you found us and will have support through it all...

thanks for introducing yourself...

emily