Proud Mama

juliegee

This weekend Mack worked to put together his application for a disabled musician's college scholarship. His chances of winning are quite slim as it is open to the entire world :rolleyes: . Nonetheless, I am so proud of him for channeling his tiny bit of energy into making something beautiful. As the Mama of a chronically ill child, I worry about what he will do with his life. I know many of you (with sick children/young adults) can relate. It makes me so happy to see him work towards his passion.

He wants to have a career as an audio engineer, owning a music studio, producing records & doing a little song-writing of his own. Check out the three songs he just put together. He wrote, does the guitar & vocals for them. Of course, he recorded them himself, as well, with Pro-Tools. "Stop Judging Me" is my favorite. "Kool-Aid's" a close runner-up. Check them out if you get a chance: http://www.myspace.com/mackgregory2

Forgive my unabashed stage-mothering :D

Julie

I listened to all 3. I think they were great.

enjoyed them, thanks

No, no, no- huge thanks to YOU both. I'm almost as bad as a new Grandma with baby pictures :P . Thanks for listening! I love his music and can't wait to hear more. He's so happy when he's jamming away.

being ok enough with who you are to "put it out there" is a sign

of good mental health- if you ask me.

I don't know how FB or My space measures up on that score,

and I wonder. Do people share meaningful things there, generally?

hmmmmmmmmmm

Good question!

Mack doesn't use My Space socially. I don't think he's shared that site (music) with most of his friends. He thinks it's "braggy." Maybe his mental health is not so good :P My Space, however, is the only social networking site that allows you to put music out there ....But Facebook (another story!)- he spends hours on it every day. I have to remind him frequently that all 356 of those contacts aren't necessarily friends. As a Mama, I peek at his Facebook page every once and a while just to check things out. I think teens, in particular, struggle with social networking boundaries. Occasionally, I have to remind him that anything he puts out there, he is basically broadcasting to the nightly news. I think he's almost perfected the art of light, ambiguous comments :rolleyes: after years of practice.

I have resisted the social networking sites, so far, and I am constantly pestered by friends to get with it. I think they serve a great purpose to keep in touch, but maybe not share meaningful info.... What do you think?

Hi Mack's Mom, Julie,

I just listened to all three songs of Mack. I love his raspie voice. I liked Stop Judging Me the Best. Congrats to you Mack. I admire you for you goals and dreams. Remember dreams stay dreams until you make them a reality. It looks like that is just what you are doing. I will look for that proud moment from your mom, when she says that you made it to the top of the charts!!!

As for you Mom, Julie, Keep up the great love and support you show for your son. Our children may think we are dorks, but they need us always in their corner, to help them achieve in life's journey. It is great to see a mom be so PROUD of her son.

God has blessed Mack with a wonderful talent, and a great Mom!

Kathleen