Dr. Rowe'S Webinar- Managing Orthostatic Intolerance

Shiner Kitty

Dr. Peter Rowe of Johns Hopkins discusses Orthostatic Intolerance (POTS and NMH) in this archived CFIDS Association Webinar from September 1, 2010 that is one hour and thirty-five minutes long. I've been pausing it and going back to watch more of it later, because I can't sit through such a long video. There are also links to other archived and future Webinars discussing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, etc. that are also listed if you also have those conditions like I do. If you've already been diagnosed with Dysautonomia and researching for years, there may not be a lot of new information for you.

Here's the caption under the YouTube video: "In this Sept. 1, 2010 webinar, Peter Rowe, MD, of Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine describes orthostatic intolerance (OI) and approaches to its treatment in chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). He explains the different forms of OI, including neurally mediated hypotension (NMH) and postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) and other names used to describe these conditions. Dr. Rowe covers overlapping and co-existing conditions including joint hypermobility, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS), migraine, allergy, pelvic congestion syndrome. He reviews medications used to treat OI as well as postural and dietary approaches to comprehensive care."

You can find the Webinars here: http://www.cfids.org...es2010-past.asp

Thank you -- while not having POTS - I sure do have issues with plummeting b/p's when standing on my feet for any longer period of time ... regulating fluids and medications, activities etc...can be really challenging - probably a big part of it is learning to have patience when trying to figure out what works best for you to avoid these big dips and the symptoms they cause - I appreciate you posting this ... it was helpful :-)