Rough Last Three Mornings?

lieze

I don't know if this is just punishment for working for 5 hours Sunday?

But the last three mornings my heart rates have just been high.

Up until about noon when I try to get up to do anything my heart goes into bunny mode and does these very rapid not full contraction little beats and I feel horrible.

Just getting up and walking around trying to do anything my heart rate hits about 130 and goes a little higher.

It makes me feel bad and I go sit down and feel depressed.

I almost cried today with the what if's and what does this mean?

Either the continued getting up and trying again or waiting til it passes-basically the entire morning is gone seems to do the trick and now I can get up and walk around with heart rates under 120.

What am I doing wrong or right?

any input?

The very first day I felt tired sleepy tired and worn out-the last two I haven't and last night I got that almost paralyzing tired about 10pm where I just feel too tired to even get up and put pj's on.

So last night I would say I got really good sleep but still got up to these crazy high heart rates and outside of POTS it makes no sense.

DRINK!

Stay in bed as long as you need to, but do try to sit up at least some or it makes it worse later. I find that one day in bed, plus two or so days on the couch help me recuperate the best.

I do this too and it stinks. You have probably overdone it somehow. That is my professional opinion. :)

Feel better

Angela

About 5 days ago, I couldn't walk through my house without getting out of breath and my heart rate going high. After putting on my make-up, I was totally out of breath and I could tell my heart rate was high-- it was 127-- just from putting on my make-up! Like you, I was tired for most of the day, so I just laid around and drank a lot of Gatorade. I must say that when I drink Gatorade that I tend to feel better.

Now the weird part. For two days, I was homebound with severe shortness of breath, high heart rates *** minimal walking etc... I was exhausted and felt awful for both days. The very next day, I woke up feeling GREAT!! That whole day I walked and walked and walked and walked and not once did my heart rate go up or did I get out of breath! I went shopping for 4 hours and felt great and never had one POTS symptom! Don't know why. Didn't do anything different the night before or the day of... It just happened and I took full advantage of my day of good health.

My advice on bad days is to listen to your body. Rest when to have to, sleep if you need it. Try Gatorade, or the lower caloric version G2. I think the electrolytes in Gatorade help me more than other liquids.

Take Care of Yourself!

Bev

I feel ya! The last couple mornings I couldn't sit up with out going 150 HR.

Here's my remedy: eat your weight in cheetos or potato chips or something else junky with a ton on sodium. Then you gotta drink at least a liter of water. Then you feel like you're going to explode for a little while. But soon enough you should be able to be just about normal! Works like a charm for me! Wayyy better than the meds on their own or just waiting it out.

Remember------although chips may taste salty, they are only 180mgs on average. :) Pretzels are much better----average sodium level is 450mgs, and fat content is much lower (most brands have -0- onctent of fat). Have a v-8 with them, and you have a great boost in sodium. I love my chips---LOVE THEM....BUT they are so light, and have lots of empty calories.

Maxine 0)

okay well today is better yeah!

That really was getting me down.

Once it lifted I tried to do as much as I could for the cardio but rested in between.

Today I got up and my standing heart rate only went to 101-105.

The highest I saw was when I pushed it further and went and retrieved the trash can from the road and after bringing it back I felt a bit breathless and heart rate went to 120.

Things like that don't bother me-I expect it.

It's when all I do is stand and get breathless and heart rate goes to between 120-140 that it is so unnerving.

So I am not sure what I did wrong-if it was the working-I did have high heart rates that day and a lot of anxiety-and it just took me 4 days to fully recover or if it just more random than that and it may have happened whether I worked or not.

My gut is telling me to rest when I can to avoid those high heart rates but when I can to push push push.

My goal is to eventually not have any bad days and there is no way I can know that day will ever come but for now I'm not going to stop trying.

I am going to push for rehab-I have enough to do around this house that it keeps me active enough

I did get up off the couch yesterday cause there was a song on and daughter 5 yr old was doing her little 5 yr old dance moves. I said to heck with it and got up and did them with her. Nothing wild happened to my heart and I smiled from ear to ear that I was doing something with her.

Thanks for all the input friends.

So good to hear that you're feeling better today. And I would bet if felt great to dance with that little daughter of yours. Those of us who can, should try to just dance once in a while. It's bound to make you smile.

Man, all of these replies sound like I could have written them!

I usually get a string of bad mornings in a row. It's been worse recently with the hot weather!

I'll wake up and feel so tired, dizzy, and completely worn out. My hr went up to 138 the other morning just putting on my makeup!

Whether I rest and take care of myself doesn't seem to matter, so I just do what I can, when I can.

Remember------although chips may taste salty, they are only 180mgs on average. :P Pretzels are much better----average sodium level is 450mgs, and fat content is much lower (most brands have -0- onctent of fat). Have a v-8 with them, and you have a great boost in sodium. I love my chips---LOVE THEM....BUT they are so light, and have lots of empty calories.

Maxine 0)

Cheetos are pretty good. 350 mg of sodium per serving. They just stick to your teeth forever!

If I'm going to have a few chips, I just dump a small pile of salt in the middle of each chip and only eat about 5. Not so many calories and still get a lot of salt in. :lol:

If POTs is overactivity of the sympathetic system this can often be mediated or even caused by excessive sodium - similar to essential hypertension. it is not beyond the realm of possibility that an excessive salt diet could actually worsen the sympathetic dominance and POTS. If the the hyperadrenergic theory is proven correct.

If POTs is overactivity of the sympathetic system this can often be mediated or even caused by excessive sodium - similar to essential hypertension. it is not beyond the realm of possibility that an excessive salt diet could actually worsen the sympathetic dominance and POTS. If the the hyperadrenergic theory is proven correct.

I have noticed if I eat bacon full of salt!!! I feel so bad and never knew why... Haven't been DX as hyper or low flow so I don't know...

I have noticed if I eat bacon full of salt!!! I feel so bad and never knew why... Haven't been DX as hyper or low flow so I don't know...

It could be the nitrates.

Okay, now I'm intrigued. Please explain this in lay terms. I'm finding that I can't do allot of salt ---- it does make me feel worse. There are times when I need a little extra, but not like what has been recommended. I do feel like I have the hyperadrenergic form, my test indicate this too, although they never officially told me this.

Last year my heart rate would be 140 from minimal activity -- I was really bad then.........it kinda tapered to an average of 100 per holter a couple mos. back. But now on Bystolic it's in the 50's -- but I can get it up over a hundred with exercise ... but never really over 150. So for those of you posting with these hellish high heart rates and all the symptoms with it -- Are you on any beta blockers or any meds? If you are does that mean your body - even with say an almost pure alpha adrenergic blocking med like Bystolic - still run high? I am between a rock and hard place with b/p too high as a baseline -- then add to that hypertension with standing and such.........but if I stand toooooo long then it crashes low.... If I treat the tachycardia then I treat the high b/p too -- yet too much of a good thing and then I can't get out of bed without issues...... So I suspect pooling of blood in my legs or trunk perhaps with prolonged standing ... and the med I'm on is so far the best they can do to keep me between the ditches....but even so with a tyny dose I'm having to titrate to symptoms........now I find I perhaps had a stroke and have ischemic brain changes.......maybe from dysautonomia and an oxygen hungry blood low brain? Dunno I have an MRI in the morning........at least I'll be laying down LOL!