An Anniversary Of Sorts- Thank You, Dinet!

Although I have not been on much lately I did want to stop by and say thank you. Five years ago, I found this site and it was an absolute lifesaver for a very long time. I had been diagnosed for a couple of years and had started a new (at the time unconventional) treatment of at home iv therapy- every day. I had a port implanted and spent much of my time just trying to survive while taking care of two children and maintaining a home and marriage. In addition to receiving a port, I also received a pacemaker. Unfortunately, the port would later become infected and I almost died from sepsis. Well, spring forward to today and I am so, so much better than I was in the early days (although there are some components that are not better and seem to be getting worse:( But generally speaking, my life is somewhat functional. I use to have two good hours a day if I did everything right- now,I have many good hours. Sometimes I have GREAT days (with the exception of brutal migraines). This website was a godsend when I had NOTHING else to lean on other than my faith and a few good friends and family. Michelle- thank you seems so inadequate but a big, huge thank you for this site. Mighty Mouse, Sunfish, and many, many others thank you so much for being there- when I really needed someone to be there!

Carmen

Oh wow, thanks for the shout out... and you're very welcome. I'm glad you have more good days now than you did beforehand, and that you're able to have time to fit in daily life most days. Folks who aren't sick have no idea what value completing the simplest of things can have if you've not been able to do them for a while.

Nina

• 2 weeks later...