All About Low Blood Sugar Issues

bumping ... It's fascinating how mant of us have glucose problems. Are we mostly hypoglycemic ?

My visual problems have been from both gluten and hypoglycemia. (um and probably a little due to age ... :blink: )

A diagnosis of gluten ataxia includes a diagnosis of occular ataxia and arm weakness and all three symptoms significantly improved at the same time my ataxia went away. I couldn't focus on anything if I'd walked "X" distance ...

Visual problems further improved after going Paleo low carb ... I don't get floaters or bright spots anymore.

Now I'm waiting to see how much eliminating caffeine will help. Caffiene affects blood glucose levels. Already after 3 months caffeine free, I can eat more fruit at a sitting without feeling weird. Only time will tell tho if this will help my OI ... At 56 years old, I have my doubts ... tc ... d

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about this thread a couple of days ago. I had a new CT scan last week to look closely at my pancreas for an insulin-producing tumor. I have yet to do my labs, but am supposed to do those tomorrow to look at all my endocrine system.

I have noticed alot of us fighting low blood sugar. It would be interesting if those that had their glucose checked could have had their insulin levels checked, too, so we could see if there is a pattern.

I was thinking about this thread a couple of days ago. I had a new CT scan last week to look closely at my pancreas for an insulin-producing tumor. I have yet to do my labs, but am supposed to do those tomorrow to look at all my endocrine system.

I have noticed alot of us fighting low blood sugar. It would be interesting if those that had their glucose checked could have had their insulin levels checked, too, so we could see if there is a pattern.

Hi Sue,

I couldn't resist bumping this since so many of us have this problem.

Please let us know how it goes .. My doc just ran a blood test to see if I had a pancreatic tumor. I'm assuming that since I've had several CT scans lately, if I had a tumor, they would've seen it.

BTW. have you had your pregnenolone and DHEA tested ? Mine came back low and I've been taking supplements for a few years now. I need to get these retested to see how it's going. I have thyroid antibodies and could possibly use thyroid meds but my doc says my labs aren't bad enough to warrant it at this point.

I agree it would be interesting to see others insulin levels. I've never looked up what hyperinsulinemia can do to our bodies. And I can't imagine how it would cause us to have problems when standing ... d

I do realize that a CT scan is not the ideal test for an insulinoma, but you take what you can get from the doctors. I know that an endoscopic ultrasound is THE imaging method to find the little insulinomas, but that probably won't get offered until my labs come together.