Cardiac Monitor ?

miranda

I am currently fitted with a cardiac heart monitor to hopefully catch my funny episodes .

The first night I rolled over in bed and accidently pressed the button :o

The next day I had a massive palpatation that felt like my heart stopped completely and I came over really breathless and dizzy.

Has anyone had this before ?

I am now hoping to catch my fainting episodes , but I only have until wednesday which is worrying.

Don't worry about accidentally pressing the button, ..it happens. Yes, I've had my heart stop hundreds of times since I became ill (only one beat, or two at a time at most while lying down, three in a row during a massive tachy while overdoing it) and I'm glad you caught it.

As far as catching a faint, ooh, that's a tough one. Let me first say, "Don't try this at home." I don't know that I would ever suggest that you perform an activity, while wearing the monitor, that you know will get you to that point for documentation purposes, but if fainting is commonplace for you then I (hypothetically) quietly say go for it, but make certain someone is with you and that you have a soft place to fall.

I hope that you get some reassurance after wearing your monitor and or appropriate treatment.

My heart was stopping and we did get it on monitor but I didn't really feel it. Since that time it has felt like from time to time it's stopping now and I'm not so sure it is-I think maybe it's my anxiety.

The actual pause was occurring after my SVT's I think maybe I was just converting to normal rhythm at the time of these pauses.

Good luck I hope you capture some useful info.

I'm a frequent fainter and I have a loop recorder implanted. It records all the life threatening ones automatically and If I faint and push the button on my little remote control it will back record at least 2 minutes. Expensive option though if health insurance won't cover it for you!! Hope you are able to catch some of your episodes so they can treat them !! Good luck!!

Brye

Thanks for the replys , I dont know what type of event monitor I have but apparently it records all the time,

but if I press the button its just to highlight when I felt symptomatic.

I woke this morning and had unplugged my heart monitor in my sleep , I will have to let them know or they will think I died for a few hours , lol.

Today my husband took me to the busy sypermarket

where I managed to get 3 good episodes recorded, I didnt faint but had the pre syncopal feelings strongly,

it was when I was stuck in a crowd of people and I came over very dizzy and drunk feeling , breathless and palpatations - which made me feel like I might faint any moment.

So I think thats a good result , I just hope they will see it.

fingers crossed x

I've been wearing an external loop recorder for a month now (today is my last day! can't wait to get rid of it!) It has been a pain downloading it all the time and it auto-recording, but I do feel a little reassured having the "data" to support my symptoms and low heart rates-may be now I can get somewhere w/ a treatment ....

I've already gotten some of my results/rhythm strips (I asked the doctors office to fax me some of them) - my HR ranged from 39-116 on the recordings - I have never fainted, but I always feel lightheaded, nauseous, etc. when my BP drops - I can tell when my HR is low b/c I feel weak & tired, or when it is high, I have strong palpitations - atleast the monitor supports those findings now, and I can see what is happening .... In a way, the monitor was an inconvience, but not that I don't have it, I feel strange and like my "security blanket" is gone ....

Hi

Don't worry about the buttons... It sounds like an event monitor where you push the buttons when something happens. Do you have to call some place and play it back to them? If it is make sure you tell them where you are as with mine no one told me they were sending an ambulance and they sent it to my house and I was at me daughter's. LOL! It's funny now, but it wasn't then.... Always communicate clearly as they just have notes on where you live. The monitor people must think we stay home and do nothing all day... (Well back then I got out more) Now it's a different story.....

Good Luck,

BellaMia~*