Wondering If I Might Have Pots

I was told that they only need to give you nitroglycerin if you're not showing clear results....then they'll give you the drug to 'artificially' stimulate you into more defined POTS-like symptoms.

My son didn't have meds or an IV at University Hospital in Cleveland. We were also allowed to stay with him for the entire test. In fact, every test he has had done we were allowed to stay with him so he had support in the room.

How nice, Christy. They made us leave Mack at Hopkins. He was petrified & I felt like the WORST mother ever. I planted myself outside the room until a cardiologist marched me into a waiting room. EVERY patient should have support during a scary procedure.

Not that a TTT is that scary, Brian. Without meds, it's simply standing. You do it every day :lol: and know what to expect- unfortunately.

Julie

I was told that they only need to give you nitroglycerin if you're not showing clear results....then they'll give you the drug to 'artificially' stimulate you into more defined POTS-like symptoms.

That was certainly not followed during my test. I was already at 145bpm and my doctor must have thought it would be funny to see what nitro would do to me. I don't see any other reason for giving it to me. Once I got the nitro, my heart rate hit 180! That doctor was out of his mind for giving me that med. I did not need it.

Also if you need stimulated to show POTS-symptoms then you can't really have POTS. Nitro is going to lower a normal patient's BP by vasodilation. That's why they give it for angina pain and other heart related conditions.

Brian-

My tilt table was done at Ellis Hospital in Schenectady.

OMG are you serious?! Can you email me on here and tell me what doctors you saw? This could really be a life saver to me. Do you have POTS? I have only been at St Petes and Albany Med because I am in Albany.