Pvc's/pac's

Does anyone here deal with Pac's or Pvc's? If so could they be connected to Dysautomia? I started to get them more frequently and they can happen at anytime during the day or night. I do not drink or ingest caffeine. the most I have felt in a 24 hour period is about 10 of them. They have never been caught during cardiac workups (of course!) LOL. But I am now on a 30 day event monitor so hopefully they will show up during this test. I have no know heart problems all of my cardiac tests have been normal. EP doc says these are usually a benign condition in a structurally normal heart. I don't have any symptoms with them they are just a little scary. Because they seem to happen a few times a week I am just curious if anyone else has them. And if they can be caused by Dysautonomia?

I have stretches where I get them a lot-- as many as 10 a minute. I get them around my period and if I'm way overtired. They are unpleasant, to say the least. But I've been told that it's better to not treat them, and just know that they are an unpleasant annoyance. I take magnesium, which may help. Hormones are my biggest trigger.

I have stretches where I get them a lot-- as many as 10 a minute. I get them around my period and if I'm way overtired. They are unpleasant, to say the least. But I've been told that it's better to not treat them, and just know that they are an unpleasant annoyance. I take magnesium, which may help. Hormones are my biggest trigger.

Yes I notice they increase as well before my period! I started slow-mag and coq10 and both seem to help reduce them quite a bit. Thanks for your input. I was wondering if maybe there was a connection in people who have dysautonmia. Your doctor basically said the same thing my Cardio said. They are scary sometimes though. Thank You again for your response!

Can you describe what they feel like?

I started getting kind of a pain in my chest tonight followed by what felt like my vagus nerve being stimulated over and over again.

It lasted maybe 15 minutes? After I took my bp and I don't usually take it on a wrist cuff but I got a reading of 130/80 which is way high for me.

I wondered after if it could have been PVC's

I felt fine before this event and after.

Pvc's and Pac's feel like your heart is actually skipping a beat. Usually for me there is a brief pause followed by a very strong beat that leaves a butterfly feeling in my chest and sometimes they can take your breath away for a short second. They are very scary when you first get them because they feel like your heart actually stops momentarily. Pvc's come from the lower (ventricles)chamber's in the heart . And Pac's originate from the Upper(atrial) chamber's of the heart. They usually don't cause any symptoms at all and many people have them but don't feel them. However they can cause things like dizziness, chest pain, trouble breathing ect, it's always best to get them checked out by a Cardiologist if you suspect your having them to make sure there is no underlying condition that is causing them. Usually a 30 event monitor is best at catching them because they tend to come and go in spurts.

I was having bunches of them when I was hooked up to my heart monitor and spent the night at Cleveland Clinic. My doctor said not to worry about it that he has them too. :blink:

Yeah that's what they say. They usually don't even treat them unless your getting thousands of them a day. And most often the drugs make them worse. LOL I just know that they can feel really yucky but from what the Doc says they are most always benign and you just have to ignore them which I have pretty much learned to do. If they saw them on the Heart Monitor that's good they would be able to tell right then and there if they were anything serious. Those doctors know when they are serious and when they are not.

Don't know if they're related to dysautonomia but I had them show up on my 30 day event monitor as well. My husband gets them too but he doesn't have ANS stuff going on with him. They do get your attention but my EP cardio didn't seem to be concerned about them.

I am sure they are a common feature in dysautonomia, they are listed under common symptoms experienced on the symptoms page here.

I get them too and they are scary even when you have been told they are benign,for those few seconds they are alarming.

I have EDS/POTS and have been told by my cardiologist that they are common in this setting.

For me they come and go in spells but are def worse around my period and when I overdo it.

Melanie.

I was getting a lot of PAC's while pregnant with my daughter-funny I did it with her more than I did my boys-not sure if it was her gender? I did gain more weight with her and they started about 3/4 of the way through my pregnancy. They had a different feel to me than the PVC's I thought.

And maybe it was age? I was 37 when I had her.

I have had these for 7 years , mine feel extream at times .

However today we walked the dog and whilst out I notised that when I had them I went really dizzy.

I have had dizziness for along time but never made the connection. It feels like my breath gets taken away. I feel it in my throat.

My ECG came back normal , but Im not totally convinced.

Is it possible to have a normal ecg yet have a problem ?

I am positive they are related to dysautonomia. I started to get PSVT (only a couple times, then ablated) and PVCs (and a few PACs) around the same time. POTS Dx a couple yrs after ablation. I am certain that my SVT/PVCs/ablation are somehow related to my POTS....I did NOT have POTS symptoms when I started to get the SVTs. Can't figure out how it is all related though - I actually think in my case that the ablation had something to do with me getting POTS - even though all the Drs tell you it did not since they did not mess w/ my sinus node at all. I just don't see how I could go from perfectly healthy til around 30, then SVTs and PVCs, then ablation, then POTS. Must be related.

I get them in bunches - like up to 30/day that I can feel....for maybe a period of days or weeks, then they go down to 1-5 a day for other periods of time. I don't get why.....it is one symptom that does not seem related to my cycle. I had TONS during my last pregnancy, during which I may or may not have had POTS...not sure about time of onset-- especially during 2nd and 3rd trimesters - so many I had a Reveal monitor implanted! But they showed to be just PVCs and PACs - I have had a couple of very werid things that did not feel like PVCs and were never caught on monitor - VERY scary and lasted much longer. Thank God those were only a couple of times.

Maggie I was feeling things that didn't show up on my monitor too.

I don't know if I got potsy while pregnant or not.

I had a lot of pooling in my legs they would turn red by evening when I was standing.

It was hard to stand and cook supper in the evenings-I just don't know.

I've wondered why I've always rushed through things too-did I know I was going to run out of energy? I know I always have had fatigue and it was uncomfortable have I just reached a new level? I don't know that I'll ever have answers.