Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

MightyMouse

:blink: I just wanted to wish a happy Thanksgiving Day to every one of our members, here in the US and elsewhere.

I am thankful for all of you. I am thankful about how warm a place you've made this forum--supportive, informative, caring and funny too :D

May you find many things to be thankful for in your life today,

Nina

Happy Thanksgiving back at yah! :blink:

I've been thinking the last few days about all of the things I'm thankful for and I would like to share a little.

I'm thankful for all of the love, thoughtfulness and good advice I get here.

I'm thankful to all of you tolerating my ranting in my times of anger, that's one emotion that is not good to carry.

I'm thankful for having this forum, thank you Michelle, Nina and everyone else that helps put on this website and finishes up with advice when some have none.

I'm thankful for Dr. Grubb and him being able to get me back up on my feet again.

I'm thankful for my cardiologist who diagnosed me, without him I would probably be sitting in some pyschiatrist chair somewhere.

I'm thankful for my primary who takes all of Dr. Grubb's advice and gets me the things I need.

I'm thankful for my primary care doctor's nurse who always advocates for me, even when I don't know sometimes what I need.

I'm thankful for some very special friends I've made on this forum and the NDRF.

I'm thankful for my children who, bless their hearts, have been so understanding to this illness and helped me when I can't get upright.

I'm thankful for the rest of my family and friends for cutting me some slack and understanding how ill I get with the exacerbations that come and go with POTS.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone and enjoy all of the salt you get from your festive meal :D

lol

Sincerely

Steph

Happy Thanksgiving!

I already was pretty darn mushy in an earlier post, so i'll try to keep the mush to a minimum!

steph, i like your 'grateful list'...i spent a long time this morning before i got up thinking about the blessings in my life. it is a really good way to start the day!

to our fellow englishmen and women, dutch friend and canadian folks...well, i'm just extending a thanksgiving wish your way b/c you help make this site so great too!

hope all of you are having a GOOD TURKEY DAY!!!!

my mom started a beef brisket two days ago and i have been smelling it now for all this time and just can't wait to eat it! :blink: yum!

later alligators! hope you all have good days!

emily

Just wanted to chime in with my Thanksgiving wishes today to all of you! I don't think I could express my thanks better than all of my friends before me.

Let us give thanks for what we have, what we can still do, the love and support of our family and friends, and thanks for all the caring we all have received from potsplace.

Emily--I never heard of a brisket cooking so long...what gives?

Gobble, gobble, gobble!

:D Hi Everyone-Just wanted to add my Thanksgiving wishes to all of you. I am grateful to all of you for listening to my questions and stories and thankful for all the wisdom and wonderful info.you give me here. I am thankful that you are all here for me, on good days and bad days and it helps alot to know that there are others who understand what it is to live with this every day of your life. You are all very special to me and Beverly, I will say an extra prayer at dinner tonight for your family and Nicole as she is on my mind and I hope she gets better sometime soon. Happy Turkey Day!! :blink: Beth

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

My wish is that today brings you all love, strength, joy and happy things to eat! ( even just a bite!)

Thank you for all you have given me!

Stacey :-)

Hi everybody, I know you are celebrating thanksgiving and I know a little what it means, but could anyone explain what you are doing at this day? I think it's a day where you think over all your blessings, but does it have anything to do with presents as well? And do you eat together as a family? Is this something that's just celebrated in the US?

I thank all of you for being here for me, I never could have thought there were so many sweet people to share the pain, anger and frustrations that POTS bring. But also to share some fun (what I think we DEFINATELY need). Have a very happy thanksgiving!!!

Corina

Corina

You can check out these websites about Thanksgiving

http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/thanksgiving/

http://www.plimoth.org/learn/history/thank...hanksgiving.asp

For my family it's a time for giving Thanks for everything in our lives. It's a time to gather the family and have a festive meal with a turkey and the trimmings. It's one of the busiest travel days of the year, people trying to get home to spend time with their families :blink:

Happy turkey day all!

Not that we had a "turkey with the trimmings", it was more like turkeyburger in chilli, 3 bean hot dish (no meat, ground up portabello mushrooms, YUmm), deli sliced ham and turkey, deviled eggs, borsin and crackers, pumkin pie and apple crisp with frozen yogurt for dessert. It was really more fun just to have everyone together for the first time in about 5 months. I'm all wore out, but it was so fun.

Blackwolf

Corina, the short answer is that Thanksgiving is a celebration of the harvest and a time to give thanks for what we've got. If you read the links on the history channel that Briarrose gave you, it gives lots of detail. It's primarily an American holiday--and the story that they usually give us in early years of schooling is that it is to honor that first shared feast when the Pilgrims and the Native Americans sat down together and shared the meal.

Historically, it's also an English holiday, but in that regard, was religious in nature. The U.S. holiday non-sectarian (nonreligious).

Typically, it means spending the whole day with family and friends and eating and eating and eating and napping and then eating some more!

Nina :)

Nina and briarrose,

thank you for explaining. I love to read books in which Pioneers (and Pilgrims?) discover the US. It must have been a GREAT feeling to have done so (although life was very hard on them). Well, hope you all had a nice and thankfull day,

Corina

Nina, how are you doing today?

Thanks for asking Corina--I'm okay as long as I keep the hard brace on my neck. I tried taking it off for a few hours yesterday and the pain was unbearable. The MRI is in a few hours, so at least I have the possibility of some answer in the next few weeks. It's very kind of you to ask :)

Nina

I second all of that! I am so thankful to have found all of you. This has been a very rough year for me. I'm thankful for all who have provided encouragement and support. Yesterday I decided to make everyday a thaksgiving. Sometimes I get so frustrated that I fail to notice the gifts I have in my life.

Bless you all!!

Mindy

okay, so i know that thanksgiving is over and all...

BUT...i couldn't log on for several days b/c something got messed up (but yeah, michelle did detective work and fixed it...so i am back!)

i was going nuts not being able to log on and respond...

so, steph...i was going to tell you to come on over and have beef brisket with us. but now it is all in my tummy. :) yum, yum.

and goldiedance....well, you are right...it was only cooking for one day. but it seemed like longer b/c it smelled so good.

so, anyway, hope you all had good turkey days and relaxed. and thank you to the 'teacher-types' who helped out corina! i am terrible at explaining things like that.

emily