Great News!

Aquadiva

My daughter has an appointment with the ADULT pots dr.! I am so happy, I just hope it turns out as good as I hope! He is ordering another tilt table test and a 24 hour urine so far until he sees her in a few weeks. Have any of you had repeat TTT done and were the results any different? How about the 24 hour urine? What are they looking for with that?

I had a repeat one. Results were normal due to the meds I take. Good news and bad news. I still faint once and a while. My upright HR"s were great though with my atenolol on board.

Hope it goes well!!

Brye

Yay on the appt!!!!! Others could speak more knowledgeably about the urine, but one thing he could be looking for is methylhistamine or prostaglansin D-2- both indicative of MCAD (one cause of POTS.)

When's the appt? Let us know how it goes.

Julie

Hi- I hope things go well for you and your daughter gets good help.

I only had one TTT - on the East coast. My results were pretty extreme so when I went to Mayo they did not want to repeat it. Also I think my first one was 45 min.

The urine test may also be to rule out adrenal tumors ( Pheo's) that's what mine were for. If they have hydrochloric acid (HCL) in them and have to go in the fridge it could be a clue. I don't know if the test Macks Mom spoke of has HCL in the container or not.

Forgive my spelling but the test might be for catecholamines or metanephrines - produced by the adrenal glands.

I have had 3 TTT tests and I had so many 24 urine tests. I'm suppose to do another as we speak, but with so much stress going on I think I would give it a false reading right now. My last TTT test was on 2 mins long and was used as a classroom teaching tool. lol All were done differently. All were pots the last was terrible due to the fact the florinef was not agreeing with me and actually making things worse. I had been give a cort. stim test just before, and had a cort. short and was on overlord cortisone.

bellamia