Gi Testing- Bravo Ph Measurement Capsule

Hi all. Been a rough couple of weeks since my accident with nonstop heartburn, pain, etc. Just saw my gi for a follow up and he wants me to have a procedure done via endoscopy called "BRAVO". I looked it up, it kind of seems like a holter test for your belly :( with ongoing monitoring of pH across a few days. Here's some info.

http://www.dhmc.org/webpage.cfm?site_id=2&...p;item_id=34606

anyone have this done yet? were the results useful? we can't really change my meds b/c of allergies, so I have no idea what's next if the test reveals breakthrough acid problems--i'm already maxed out on Nexium. To quote my doctor today "I think this car accident sent you over the cliff" (medically speaking, of course).

Nina

I've had two, they're very easy and only very small amount discomfort as the capsule falls away from your esophagus. My results were just as you said, acid spikes even on Nexum twice a day. Now that the wrap isn't done as much you're correct even with these results it didn't change my treatment. Good luck and the test is very easy...no need to worry.

Good luck to you Nina.

I'm sorry you're having some set backs with this, I know heartburn is a constant misery. My husband deals with it, and he's stuck on nexium. I think yours is considerably worse, and I hope they find a way to get this under better control for you.

Good luck on the testing-----I hope it proves useful for you. :(

Maxine :0)

Good Luck

I'm another nexium for life.

I wish you the best.

bellamia