Problems With Orgasms Since Pots

I know at some point I read on the forum that some of pts. with pots were having difficulty with orgasms, but I cannot seem to find it now. At the time I was not really having any problems with that area, thank goodness, but now I am. Just wondering if anyone else does and what do you "blame" for the cause. I wonder if it is because I am just so tired by evening time that a physical activity like sex is just too much. I still enjoy it but it seems I just cannot "get over the edge". I know this is kinda personal, but since I had seen a topic similar to this before I was hoping someone just might say, yeah me too. I am not on any new meds, because I already thought of that and know that meds can sometimes cause that problem. Maybe we can try earlier in the day before I am so tired, but usually on the weekends, my husband wants to go do things during the day since weekends are the main time we get to spend together. I welcome your thoughts!

hi..

Pots have def made sex and orgasms more difficult, but not imposible.. :P I actually ussuly have them when sex.. But not so often sex as i would like :blink: ... U might take a privet moment to find new ways that makes u gett there, and then intruduse that in to sex whit your partner.. I have done that, since i dont gett them like I used to, have to put more effort into it :unsure:

if u whant some more spesific tips send me a privat message and I will answer... :lol:

My first thought is that it may be the Remeron, it could kill your sex drive. My second thought is yeah, I've been there. My whole ovarian system seemed to slowly grind to a halt as my POTS got worse. No drive, no ability. :unsure: After talking to my OB/GYN and endocrinologist and having six weeks worth of sex hormone levels testing, it was determined that the whole HPO axis was off and that was the cause. My endo didn't want to do anything and called it premature menopause, but my OB/GYN gave me hormone replacement therapy. It has saved my marriage. This one can be fixable in some cases, you just have to get up the nerve to talk to your doc about it. Just be aware of all the side effects of both HRT and "O." The "O" can stir up a LOT of catecholamines and make you an autonomic mess for hours afterward!

I do agree that fatigue is at least partly responsible. On days when I'm feeling more alert, sex is so much easier to enjoy. On the other days, I usually am so apathetic and don't even want to try. Still, I want to keep the fire alive, at least so my hubby enjoys our sex life. I'm thankful that he's patient and doesn't expect a lot of reciprocation most days.

As for me, I'm sure that my beta and alpha blockers aren't helping things, either.

Sex? Huh? Honestly, I know it's important, but I've not the energy nor the desire. I'm 46 been married 23 years, and probably in peri.

Sad isn't it. Esp. for my poor husband. He's soooo patient and understanding. Ehhh, maybe I'll get my hormones checked again. Although I don't know why, they ALWAYS tell me they're normal. :unsure:

Well, being single and having never done anything before I can only give 'on hand' experience but...

I always blame it on one of a few things:

Blood flow.

Hormone levels.

Blood pressure.

Fatigue.

Of course, I always found when I was fatigued I was in a better state. But I also don't get aroused anymore. I only really do anything maybe once a month, right before my period, and just so I can get the hormones to jump start the period. I'm on birth control, but for some reason I won't start bleeding unless I do the whole 'get down there and have fun'. It's like a trigger or something. I haven't a real OB/GYN to ask about that so I don't bother. I only really spot anymore anyway.

With the PCOS and autoimmune issues, it ain't like I'm having children! :3

Taking it from a clincal view, there are times that if you focus, it seems like it wants to go off but there are muscle spasms that are not on rhythym with the rest of the body. So it's also possible that it's a misfire of your brain's signals. It's supposed to go up, up, up and then release. But it scatters and misfires into smaller, less controlled spasms. So you are doing it, but you don't feel the same release as you should. Your brain thinks it's orgasming, but your body doesn't get the feeling it craves.

God, for a virgin I sound so perverted.

• 2 weeks later...
Just be aware of all the side effects of both HRT and "O." The "O" can stir up a LOT of catecholamines and make you an autonomic mess for hours afterward!

Interesting. I've been wondering about this as I've found I can rarely sleep after the "O". If I get up to clean up, I get the shakes really badly and then it'll be hours before I can fall asleep. (Finally made the connection with the catecholamines after my TTT when I had similar symptoms.) The not sleeping part has been happening for decades, but the shakes have been getting worse the past couple years.

I find that when my hormones are out of balance I have a similar problem of not being able to "slip over the edge". If I tinker with my estrogen/progesterone a bit it usually helps. When I'm able to exercise it seems to help too.

I've recently been diagnosed with POTS, Ehlers Danlos, FMS and a few more lovely and complex things. I've had a complete hysterectomy and was using compounded Estriol. It helps with vaginal atrophy and helps prevent cancer. It's better than nothing if you can't use all the estrogens. The doc at Mayo told me to use Red Clover to help balance out my hormones. It sure helps keep the hot flashes at bay.

oh yeah. really aggravating since the desire has come back, but the big finale is still absent. Probably a good thing I'm not seeing anyone right now. I'm fairly certain it's one of my meds though, not the POTS itself. When the POTS first started, sex and especially orgasms would cause me to lose consciousness, making the whole act undesirable for me.