Adrenaline Surges And Frequent Urination

Hello everybody, a few days ago i read on the forum that adrenaline surges cause frequent urination? I would really like to know if this is true and if its true why this happens? What is the connection between an adrenaline surge and frequent urination? I always wondered why i have to pee so often in them sort of situations. When iam at work and these surges come (mostly out of the blue) all i want to do is sit down, close my eyes and wait them out because standing up in them sort of situations usually makes me feel worse but everytime a surge comes i get the strong urge to empty my bladder and if i dont do that i feel even worse. I would really love some advice why that happens and if there is anything that helps.

Thanks a lot and blessed easter to all of you, carinara

I agree with # 4. I think frequent urination is just a symptom of dysautonomia, not necessarily just adrenaline surges...though I am sure that can cause it too.

The tricky part, though, is we always have dyautonomia - i drink 90 oz. a day as part of my control - yet it is still mysterious why sometimes I'll have to go 4 times an hour and get up 3 times a night and others 3 times a day and sleep thru (pain allowing) the night.

There is no way a MD is going to get this and I don't think I even want another drug aboard to have to sort out side effects.

Perhaps I am being obtuse and need the long explanation.

Thanks in advance,

Noreen

Reen,

It's so hard to say. POTS/dysautonomia is very up and down and there can be so many factors that can affect things - your activity level for a particular day, what and how much you ate/drank, salt intake, menstrual cycle, even weather/barometric pressure. Sometimes when I wake up my HR lying down is 65 other times it's 100. I've found that there isn't always a rhyme or reason. I think it's the same with frequent urination or any other symptoms. You can keep a journal - I did this at first even recording my HR and BP at various times during the day. That can be helpful, but in the end it's always a little unpredictable.

I agree with you - I don't think most drs get the side symptoms of POTS ad I wouldn't necessarily look for/take a drug for any symptom unless it was one of your worst.

Reen,

It's so hard to say. POTS/dysautonomia is very up and down and there can be so many factors that can affect things - your activity level for a particular day, what and how much you ate/drank, salt intake, menstrual cycle, even weather/barometric pressure. Sometimes when I wake up my HR lying down is 65 other times it's 100. I've found that there isn't always a rhyme or reason. I think it's the same with frequent urination or any other symptoms. You can keep a journal - I did this at first even recording my HR and BP at various times during the day. That can be helpful, but in the end it's always a little unpredictable.

I agree with you - I don't think most drs get the side symptoms of POTS ad I wouldn't necessarily look for/take a drug for any symptom unless it was one of your worst.

Thanks Yogini. I was about to start a journal as soon as my bp device gets here so I will add a 'P" section along with a temp section the rheumy wants. I don't know if it'll yield any info - my problem with urinary freq is wearing a 'just in case' pad when going out. So often these pads aggravate my vulvodynia. If I could detect any sort of pattern, it would help.