No Wonder I Feel Worse Than Usual!

So my GP told me I have a concussion--now that explains all that extra spinning, brain fog and near-faints. Also, I still have abdominal bruising and she thinks I also probably have some bruising to my esophagus and stomach, and it's aggravating my already existing reflux to new levels. I was up 2 nights ago until past 2 am with stomach pain from the dinner I ate around 6pm... started within a few minutes of my meal as if I had a ball of food stuck and it just didn't go away.

Nothing like a concussion to make a POTSy/NCSy girl really *off kilter*. She wants me to take it easy and no strenuous activity at all... and no major life decisions until my thinking clears.

I've decided that I will go back to work tomorrow; thankfully I have a training to go to for the morning so I wont be chasing kids around. If I'm feeling icky, I can always take a half day for the afternoon. Do have to teach tomorrow night though :( Normally, I could call in favors and ask for someone to teach for me, but all my folks who owe me favors are also teaching Weds nights.

If I don't feel all better by Friday, onward to a CAT scan for my head... and perhaps some more testing for my poor ol' boo boo belly of bruises. All this stuff is a bit overwhelming; I have pages and pages of notes, worker's comp. stuff (I drive between schools and other locations for my job), my insurance, the other driver's insurance, the collision shop, the car rental place, oh, and my insurer subcontracts out their medical portion to a third party too... Keeping everything straight is tough. Oy.

Nina

Nina-

Wow! Take it as easy on yourself as possible.

I am years behind on insurance paperwork because the worker's comp system and no-fault in NYS make it so hard. You have my utmost sympathy.

Sending warm energy to get you through your class. Post and let us know you got home safely!

Noreen

Same here, no fault for workers comp, but not no fault for the damage the other driver did to my car... which was substantial, hence I don't have my car back. If I weren't so gosh darned exhausted and brain fogged I could probably handle it better. Big sigh. Thanks for the words of support. I have a feeling this is going to take a while to straighten out, even after I'm feeling better, or at least hoping I'll be feeling better really soon.

Take care of yourself and I wish you well. I was rear ended in December (no long-term injury thank goodness), but it was still stressful dealing with insurance, car rental, car repair, etc. I very much understand what you are going through.

I am sure you are doing this - but keep a folder/binder and keep it and all your notes together. This allowed me to get through everything with minimal headaches. :(

I am glad you are "OK" - I know you probably aren't feeling great but it sounds like you are handling things/improving. *HUGS*

All that you've experienced would certainly knock a "normal" person off, so I'm amazed you're still up and trying to work. Sending you lots of healing thoughts. Glad the accident wasn't worse than it was, but am sure you'll need to take good care of yourself so your body can heal the best it can.

Hi again. Worked a half day today and I'm so wiped out I can barely see straight. Spinny... and *MY HEAD*. Oh. My. Head. Having POTS/NCS is bad enough... but layer this on top and I'm >this close< to not being able to work. Keeping it short & going right to bed now (even though I had a 3 hour nap earlier).

Wow, that's a lot to have to think about and do all while feeling dizzy, brain fogged, and POTSy. And it's always so hard to have extra paperwork just when you need the extra rest. I hope that you'll be feeling better by Friday so that you don't have to have any more tests. Hang in there, Miss Mouse.

Rachel