Abdominal Pooling - Why More Now?

runningshoe

Hi All

Abdominal bloating - I assume blood pooling has always been one of my symptoms. However, for a while it has been sooo much worse. Does this happen to any of you? Any clues as to why it goes away for weeks and then returns? Thanks

p.s. still being treated for lyme - stay tuned

Hi Lina,

Sorry you're having a hard time with this one right now...

I pool everywhere, not as bad as I used to....there was a time when I would literally look 4 mos pregnant, because my bloating was so bad. Now it comes and goes without apparent reason, and doesn't get as bad as that....I wish I had more info for you... do you wear a compression garment? do you legs pool badly as well?

It seems to me that we're in the minority here with terrible pooling issues. Or I could be missing alot of posts....highly likely with my fog brain...

I find that I both bloat and get more dizzy (so probably pooling blood in my splanchic circulation) after eating lots of wheat like bread or pasta. I think that when my gut is having a hard time dealing with what I have eaten (I probably have IBS) that the bloating and pooling are worse.

Do your symptoms relate to what you have eaten? It might be worth keeping a diary of food, activity and symptoms to see if you can find a pattern.

Flop

I am finding that I do feel worse when I eat certain things.

The pasta thing is making sense. I had Johnny Marzetti the other night and here I thought maybe it was the tomato sauce. I'm thinking more it was the pasta.

I know right when my POTS was peaking I ate some spaghetti and the after effect was horrible.

Like dial 911 I thought I was going down.

I've had pooling whenever I stand up, no matter what I eat or drink. My hands and feet turn red, then darker as I stay up. My veins around my wrist pop out, and around my ankles really balloon out to where I'd be afraid if I bumped a piece of furniture I would bleed to death. No amount of water or salt has seemed to help this. But I'm still new at this ANS, it's been 5 months now and the most I have been able to do is 18 minutes out of bed without having to lay back down.

Frank

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but how do you all decipher abdominal bloating due to slow gi motility vs from abdominal pooling? My dr and I are assuming I have abdominal pooling since I don't pool in the limbs yet have unexpained low blood volume. I am always bloated and also have ibs and slow motility.

- dizzyde

It is getting so embarresing.... I had breakfast at the hospital and right before their eyes I bloated to looking 8 months pregnat. They wanted to call the doctor and I didn't want that as I would be sent to the er and well to make a lomg story short. I had to leave with my pant unzipped and my sweatshirt tied around the front of me so no one could see. Wish I could fit a gi appointment in with everything else going on. I need a one stop fix it all place. lol

bellamia~

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but how do you all decipher abdominal bloating due to slow gi motility vs from abdominal pooling? My dr and I are assuming I have abdominal pooling since I don't pool in the limbs yet have unexpained low blood volume. I am always bloated and also have ibs and slow motility.

- dizzyde

It is getting so embarresing.... I had breakfast at the hospital and right before their eyes I bloated to looking 8 months pregnat. They wanted to call the doctor and I didn't want that as I would be sent to the er and well to make a lomg story short. I had to leave with my pant unzipped and my sweatshirt tied around the front of me so no one could see. Wish I could fit a gi appointment in with everything else going on. I need a one stop fix it all place. lol

bellamia~

i have this issue to. more so when my stomach is out of wack.

i have ibs. though no tests have shown anything. one of my doctors explaned IBS as follows: some ibs is caused by bacteria, lower intestinal bacteria is different then small intestinal bacteria. sometimes due to stress or diet or dehydration we can throw ourselves off and our lower bacteria goes into our upper digestive track thus causing bloating, gas, urge to use restroom after eating, and alot of abdominal pain.

i have been on many prescriptions, most just made issues worse. but one med helped. it was an antibiotic that cost us 120$ since my insurance only coverd part of it. i was symptom free for about 5 months when a bout of stress made my ibs come back. by this time my insurance did NOT want to me to get the prescription again. i went a while with all my symptoms again.

it wasnt untill i discovered the cleansing properties of charcoal capsules. seems odd. to take 2-4 capsules after each meal. but after 3 days all my symptoms seem to have calmed down. with in a few months i could eat with out any pain and well things got out of hand and i was consuming way to much, but thats not a bad thing i was able to achieve a healthy weight!!!

charcoal capsules are harmless, no side effect but black stool, i do recommend slightly increasing hydration and natural occurring fiber during the consumption of charcoal pills. (fiber one bars are evil, make me insanely gassy)

only down side to charcoal pills is that if you take prescription medication you must take it oposite times that you take the charcoal. it will prohibit the absorption of most medications.

my bloating subsided, pooling? not sure if i have pooling or bloating. but i can tell ya it really really helped get my stomach back to normal!!!

I WILL ask my PC about what you said and thanks for the info. she is big on using other things other than just meds. like you I'm on so much stuff right now; and I'm taking senna every day even though it says take for 10 days only but that's what they said in the hospital. I have IBS also, I think we may all have it.

toddm maybe I'm just getting fat as my granddaughter who is 5 said nannie you are chubby we were playing dr. I was the sick one and then she said I'm so sorry you are chubby, chubby, chubby. No nanny you are fat! But, I'm sorry nanny I love you! Wish I could have blammed it on pooling I had a coffee and drank over 40 oz of water and she had me laying on the floor listening to my heart when she noticed. This was the day after the hospital. LOL I got a good laugh out of it. Out of the mouths of babes.

bellamia~