I Could Use A Friend

Notgivinup

but I was wondering if anyone lived near Youngstown, Ohio. I've never met anyone with POTS in person. It would be so helpful & healing, I think, to sit down face to face with someone & just talk.

I haven't been writing on here much, but I still read almost everyday, and I think about you all every single day. Just been feeling a bit down lately. Some good days though. (not many). My hormones are adding fuel to the fire in the POT-S. (haha, couldn't resist).

I'm 46 and pretty sure I'm in perimenopause. Of course the doctors won't treat me for it. They all say unless I was skipping periods or my blood work showed too low this or, too high that. But it keeps coming back normal. However I feel anything but "normal" before and during my periods. It takes me about 10 days or so just to recover. Then If I'm lucky, and I don't catch a virus or something I have a couple of fairly ok weeks. Ahhhhhh this is all just so exausting.

Oh......... I forgot, even talking on the phone with someone would be really nice. I have friends, but of course they're all healthy and I try not to discuss all my crap with them.

So........... does anyone want to be my phone pal? LOL.

Hey! Your hormones comment caught my eye. I was saying for about a year that I thought mine were messed up and when they tested my FSH they said oh it's fine you're not in menopause. Recently I had my hormones tested by my naturpathic doctor through saliva testing and they were all incredibly low! I think getting the right help is crucial in all of this!! Check out the saliva testing. You can even get tests over the internet that you mail in I have heard. Sorry you are having such a hard time...I know how it feels to be so frustrated and having no one who understands it! Keep your head up and in the game...you need to be the star player on your medical team!

KC

I am not too far from, in the same state at least and I'd love to be a friend! I'm 43.

I have four kids though and still have a 3 year old and my 5 year old is still at home.

They do not let me talk on the phone at all! They get jealous.

If you would ever want to send a pm for now or email that way I can get back to you as time allows. And then in the future I might have more time to talk on the phone at least that's what I keep telling myself. :D

I also had the feeling my hormones were messed up especially because my periods were changing right at the time of all of my other symptoms. First my periods went to every two weeks which of course made my anemia worse and made me weaker and more emotional.

Then they went back to every four then they went to every three.

I went to get checked out and thank goodness everything was normal. They said my uterus seemed a bit large but after four kids does it ever really go back to normal?

They did an ultrasound though and every thing looked good they said I did not want a hysterectomy and that they would look at different options for me. I put it off and I'm supposed to be checking in with them to see how much of a problem my bleeding is-sorry guys!

I haven't really done that figure it's something I most likely have to live with. I know my mom's periods were awful and she lived through it when she was going through perimenopause.

My hormones came back normal too and I actually think all other lab work including Hgb was normal on that lab test. But they said that they could be fluctuating on a daily basis there was no way to tell that by the tests they had done.

But hey pm me and I'm willing to listen and if the future I might even be able to talk on the phone.

lieze

Hey! Your hormones comment caught my eye. I was saying for about a year that I thought mine were messed up and when they tested my FSH they said oh it's fine you're not in menopause. Recently I had my hormones tested by my naturpathic doctor through saliva testing and they were all incredibly low! I think getting the right help is crucial in all of this!! Check out the saliva testing. You can even get tests over the internet that you mail in I have heard. Sorry you are having such a hard time...I know how it feels to be so frustrated and having no one who understands it! Keep your head up and in the game...you need to be the star player on your medical team!

KC

Thanks, and you're right. I need to go see a naturapath (spelled wrong). That is my next step. But it's the $ I'm worried about. I don't think insurance covers them.

I am not too far from, in the same state at least and I'd love to be a friend! I'm 43.

I have four kids though and still have a 3 year old and my 5 year old is still at home.

They do not let me talk on the phone at all! They get jealous.

If you would ever want to send a pm for now or email that way I can get back to you as time allows. And then in the future I might have more time to talk on the phone at least that's what I keep telling myself. :D

I also had the feeling my hormones were messed up especially because my periods were changing right at the time of all of my other symptoms. First my periods went to every two weeks which of course made my anemia worse and made me weaker and more emotional.

Then they went back to every four then they went to every three.

I went to get checked out and thank goodness everything was normal. They said my uterus seemed a bit large but after four kids does it ever really go back to normal?

They did an ultrasound though and every thing looked good they said I did not want a hysterectomy and that they would look at different options for me. I put it off and I'm supposed to be checking in with them to see how much of a problem my bleeding is-sorry guys!

I haven't really done that figure it's something I most likely have to live with. I know my mom's periods were awful and she lived through it when she was going through perimenopause.

My hormones came back normal too and I actually think all other lab work including Hgb was normal on that lab test. But they said that they could be fluctuating on a daily basis there was no way to tell that by the tests they had done.

But hey pm me and I'm willing to listen and if the future I might even be able to talk on the phone.

lieze

Hey Lieze! Sounds great. I will Pm you. Wow 4 kids! I just have one 5 year old and it's sooooo hard sometimes.

It's weird I'm always talking to someone, whether on here, or on facebook, but it's like I'm tired of this kind of disconnect. I'm not sure if that's the right word, but you know what I mean. I have friends that I see and do things with, when I can. But of course they're all healthy. So I suck it up and play my healthy version of myself LOL. It would be nice to say........"Hey Lieze I feel like crap right now." and you'd understand.

Hey there my dear...your post caught MY eye too ~!

I remember the many many years and problems of PERI-menapause..yuck!! I had over 10 years of PERI-menapause.

I didn't know I had Dysautonomia then either..or other kinds of things wrong.

Get this.. I just had some steriod injections in my back..and..WOW the side effects INCLUDING BLEEDING again at 60!!

Now I have to have tests..biopsies for Uterine CANCER.. oh no they didnt!!!

I dont have children your kids are at..but more like 7 grandchildren. I cannot be that ACTIVE grandma like others.

My darlings seem to just accept me..but still..they ask.

But sweetie.. I will be your friend..your internet "mommy"..whatever YOU need k?

You can PM me.. and we'll see what you need and know this.. I can and WILL support you.

Hola~

Well, count me in as another person that can be your friend. I am 47, with a grown son, and I am also going through the **** that is perimenopause. I live in AZ, (but am originally from the Midwest - Iowa - and visit there quite frequently) and am currently disabled and not working. PM me if you'd like, and we can write and exchange phone numbers. Hope you're doing okay today.

Cheers,

Jana

Hey there my dear...your post caught MY eye too ~!

I remember the many many years and problems of PERI-menapause..yuck!! I had over 10 years of PERI-menapause.

I didn't know I had Dysautonomia then either..or other kinds of things wrong.

Get this.. I just had some steriod injections in my back..and..WOW the side effects INCLUDING BLEEDING again at 60!!

Now I have to have tests..biopsies for Uterine CANCER.. oh no they didnt!!!

I dont have children your kids are at..but more like 7 grandchildren. I cannot be that ACTIVE grandma like others.

My darlings seem to just accept me..but still..they ask.

But sweetie.. I will be your friend..your internet "mommy"..whatever YOU need k?

You can PM me.. and we'll see what you need and know this.. I can and WILL support you.

Hi, I'm sorry I just got to reading this! thank you so much for the reply and offer of support. You sound like a wonderful grandma! Your grand kids are lucky.

This Peri-meno stuff is brutal. How did you make it through?

hey- I am far (in pa) but I think we are facebook friends - I am almost always home and you can call me! PM me if you want the number. I should warn you... I don't always make sense when I talk and I nap a lot...but I think I am a good listener. kayjay

kayjay, yes we are facebook friends. LOL about not making sense when talking. No need to explain that one! I totally get it.

My whole body hurts today. I'm going to try to take something and see if I can function. Maybe I'll give you a call later.

Hola~

Well, count me in as another person that can be your friend. I am 47, with a grown son, and I am also going through the **** that is perimenopause. I live in AZ, (but am originally from the Midwest - Iowa - and visit there quite frequently) and am currently disabled and not working. PM me if you'd like, and we can write and exchange phone numbers. Hope you're doing okay today.

Cheers,

Jana

Jana hi, thanks so much for the offer of support. I will Pm you. My body hurts today, so I'm pretty miserable. I'm going to take something for pain and see if it gets any better.

I live in southern Ohio. I am 42 and starting to go through some weird things with my cycles and hormones too. I have three boys (12, 10, and 8). I would be glad to be a phone friend. I can definitely relate to feeling lonely and feeling like no one understands. I just made that comment to my husband the other day. I will PM you too.