Ugh. Mini Pity Party...

MightyMouse

The weekend cannot get here soon enough; I'm exhausted, nauseated, headachey, on top of my daily normal symptoms--and I've not even had a busy week to drain me. Not sure why, but I've been running a small temperature (99.2) on and off for a few weeks now. Keep wanting to wake up feeling better, but it hasn't happened yet. My general practitioner has referred me to a rheumetologist, who I see in two weeks. I just want to feel better... I know i'll never be "all better", but better than *this* would sure be nice.

I'm juggling all sorts of medical professionals right now--Today I had an EMG because of advancing pain and numbness in my arms. It will be a week before I get the full results, but the doctor thought my problems were coming from the C-7 level... which had been my guess since I looked up which nerves take care of the areas that have been bothering me. Next week I get my results also from my gyn surgey--hopefully all the bad cells are history.

See, I promised, just a mini pity party--now I'm done. Nina

Thanks for the snacks...I'm a good hostess even if I'm whining, so I'll make the martinis, extra olives for all the POTsies.

\ /

|

----

(that was my lame attempt at drawing a martini) ... here's something more like it!

dirty-martitni.jpg

The oldest brewery in the US... can't go wrong, and it's not that far away from where I live... under 2 hours. I know some friends who've gone on the brewery tour and loved it.

Guest tearose

I'll be at the party too!

I am sorry to hear of all the current issues. I hate EMG's!!! They are painful. I ache for you on that one. The waiting for test results is never easy and well, neck and c-7 issues are never easy....oh dear, I can't even keep track of it all... you have a lot going on, your pity party is well earned!

I'll pass on the alcohol because it will put me to sleep. I'll bring juice, cheese, crackers and fruit. I'll bring some pillows, a box of tissues and a comedian!

Hang in there Nina,

tearose

I brought one of those huge cheese logs. Enjoy.

I'm going through a bit of the same. I just can't shake a sinus infection. **** thing has been going on for like six months and just when I think I've beat it symptoms start creeping up again. Hang in there.

I will come to your party as well. I think we all need one of those from time to time. Hope your tests come back with something positive! Hang in there.

I will bring sea salt - ya know as a condiment for all of us!

Okay, I'm going to have to leave the party for a little while b/c I've buckled under and called my general practitioner... I feel so lethargic, nauseated, headachey and my temp was still 99.1 this am after I took 1000mg of tylenol. My side/flank pain is back too, but duller than in the past.

My appointment is at 3pm, but don't let that stop your partying activities... I'll leave you with plenty of fluids and some nice salty corn chips to go with those margaritas...

party on Garth...(doing the "doodle dooo dooodle dooo" with my fingers)

(((Nina)))

What'd the doc say? Any help? I'm having a little pity party too- tore my left groin and messed up my right ankle compensating :) It's cramping my style, losing mobility.

BTW, I'm in. I'm bringing popcorn, popped in olive oil, with lots and lots of sea salt and a bottle of cab.

JUlie

Toga, Toga, Toga...

There sure is a simmering desire to party amongst this crew... even if it is a pity party! It is inspirational. :)

I do hope you are able to get some assistance from the docs and that the tests get back to you with favorable results. It is lousy when life throws such a barrage at you. I wish you well.

Okay, so my thermometer here at home needs to go in the TRASH. On a hefty dose of tylenol, my temp at the doctor's office was 100.3!!! For a girl who NEVER runs a fever, that's high... must have been much higher before the meds. She thinks I'm fighting a sinus infection--I rinse regularly, so she didn't see much gunk in my nose, but everything looked red, and I had a bloody nose earlier in the week.

So, apparently I've been dragging along for a few weeks with a fever more like 100 or so ... now bleeping wonder I feel so awful. DUH!!!

Picked up my doxycycline and took it in the car. Already called out for work for tomorrow, and am looking forward to getting into bed just minutes from now. I'm back at the party and despite sleeping, I'll be adding background music of snoring to the party... we can all pretend it the base guitar or drums, because according to Teri, I snore like a freight train.

Nina