No Able To Take Med's

gertie

I have a dr's app't tomorrow concerning my sore throat such as I've never had before. I'm already stressing about what am I going to do if it's strep, if it's shingles because i can't take antibiotics & how do you treat shingles inside your throat. I make myself sicker. I just want to be normal for a little while & not have to worry about small stuff. Thanks for your support.

Oh man. Definitely gotta have the doc get a look and see what you're dealing with... good you have an appt. Hopefully it's just a garden variety sore throat acting up really badly, although that doesn't ease the misery of a nasty sore throat. They are the worst. They say strep is not so common and I think you need a culture to tell for sure... maybe same with viral culture for shingles if that seems like a possibility to the doc (and it would certainly be rare). That would tend to be treated with an antiviral if possible. Shingles is painful but generally benign, if that is any consolation on that remote possibility.

Thanks for your help. potsgirl, I don't know what happened to me & antibiotics. I was always able to take them if needed. Then, one day I had a severe reaction to penicillin I think. From that time on every type I've taken I've had either throat swelling & break out in hives, or seizures. I start with 1/4 dose & even that small amt will cause reaction.

I use warm salted water several times a day. before pots dx although i feel i always had it i would get a jar of trader joe's stuffed olives with garlic and eat the whole jar. now knowing i have pots I would watch my bp while i did this. i'm allergic to almost most of tne antibotics. i can take a zith pack bot get wicked paps. we use it as it is short amount and one a day.

i also see myself well without a sore throat. use these type of techniques to help ward off other stuff

good luck

((((HUGS)))),

Bellamia~