Agitation and extreme moodiness

purplefocus

I have only had a vague diagnosis for about 2 months. I am currently on florinef. I am newly experiencing the joint pains, but the other symptoms are much better. Mostly I am having extreme mood swings, worse than any pms ever. Constant aggitation and irratibility. Anyone had the same. All information is greatly appreciated. I have learned so much from this site.

I didn't have any side effects, but I have several friends who stopped taking florinef because of what you are describing. Also, if you haven't been doing so already, check your bp when you're feeling aggitated... it may be running too high. Although some folks have no outward symptoms w/ hypertension, some may feel irrititble or aggitated.

Nina

I had this problem with Florinef as well, and it was hard at first. I've lowered my dose and it's gotten better, but t's definitely not a fun side effect. My PMS is awful too, but I take Evening Primrose Oil which seems to help a bit. I've also just learned a lot of self control to keep from being snappy- and my boyfriend is also on a steroid for his medical condition, so the two of us under the same roof can be very interesting at times :D Self-control is the key- but if it gets too bad, don't hesitate to talk to your doc.

Florinef made me just the opposite...I was really happy. Exceedingly happy. My son loved it because I would buy him whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. Unfortunately I did not find it beneficial for my POTS symptoms, and stopped taking it. But I do miss those "always happy" days. :D

Michelle