How Many Of You Experience Ringing In Your Ears

lissy

Yes, I get this too. It's called 'tinnitus' and unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it except try to distract yourself with music, tv, or other sources if you can. It can be a ringing, buzzing, or other 'white noise', usually in one ear only. They're not sure of the cause, but mine tends to come and go. I guess that some people get used to it after awhile. Good luck!

I get it in a mild way usually. Sometimes it comes on associated with different weird feelings but usually just by itself. Not sure why but it's most often for me in the evenings. It's only been severely loud for me a few times and thankfully has passed quickly. Other times, it will be there constantly and quietly but easy to ignore.

I am on a med now that apparently can cause it, though it was there before and hasn't gotten worse. Just mention it since sometimes meds have this side effect. Can't caffeine do this too??? not sure.

I tend to write if off to stuff like adjusting or insufficient blood flow... like I presume to be behind occasional mild dizziness... but who knows what actual cause/trigger might be.

I've had this 18 years..you learn to live with it...I fall asleep watching benign tv/or shows on DVD which helps with insomnia & masking the tinnitus. Some days its MUCH LOUDER than others....sometimes it wakes me up at night. No cure but lots of scams to claim there is one on radio!

Don't we wish. :(

My ringing was related to sinus and ear infection--and because I chalked it up to autonomic issues, I ignored it, and then my ear drums ruptured -- BOTH of them. I had significant hearing loss for weeks until they healed. Now I have a tube in one ear, and the other ear still has a small hole, so both can drain.

Nina