Dysautonomia Spa

firewatcher

My PT has suggested that I use a paraffin bath for the tendinosis (chronic rupture and incomplete healing of the tendons) in my hands. There is sound scientific evidence that this works; I have found many PubMed articles about heat and ultrasound use in Sports Medicine. Apparently if you can heat the tendon to 120-130o F and keep it that way for 30 minutes, it promotes the body's own healing/regenerative cells in the tendons and does not "cook" the surrounding flesh. I intend to try it tonight and find out if it helps.

This got me thinking, what would a Medi-Spa offer as the Dysautonomia package?

Feet and lower leg massage?

Pressure boots?

Paraffin baths for feet and hands to reduce vasoconstriction?

Neck and shoulder massage for "coat-hanger pain?"

Full body wraps?

Saline IVs?

Sensory Deprivation chambers?

All absolutely unscented and hypoallergenic of course! ;)

Edited by firewatcher

I'm with you on almost everything, Jennifer EXCEPT the massage part. Is it just me??? It hurts so bad when anyone tries to massage my "coat hanger" area. If I treat myself to a pedicure, I always hurt my practitioner's feelings when I won't let them massage my feet & lower legs. It hurts me sooooooo bad & I sometimes end up bruised. I watch the other ecstatic women :o , getting massaged, in pure wonder. I can't believe they can take all of that pain & they like it <_<

I'm there for the rest of the treatments- what a great idea My hands and feet, riddled with Raynaud's, are needing a toasty paraffin dip NOW.

All we have to do is combine our spa with our Alaskan cruise and we are all set!

Julie

I'm with you on almost everything, Jennifer EXCEPT the massage part. Is it just me??? It hurts so bad when anyone tries to massage my "coat hanger" area. If I treat myself to a pedicure, I always hurt my practitioner's feelings when I won't let them massage my feet & lower legs. It hurts me sooooooo bad & I sometimes end up bruised. I watch the other ecstatic women :P , getting massaged, in pure wonder. I can't believe they can take all of that pain & they like it :o

I'm there for the rest of the treatments- what a great idea My hands and feet, riddled with Raynaud's, are needing a toasty paraffin dip NOW.

All we have to do is combine our spa with our Alaskan cruise and we are all set!

Julie

Julie-

I used to love getting a massage! But, you are right, it doesn't feel as good as it used to...almost like I am too sensitive. I also bruise easily, my last PT session, she "massaged" the area and I ended up with a blue shoulder and armpit! I'd do the Alaskan cruise in the summer, but right now I think I'd freeze to death! We had a yard sale yesterday and I could not feel my fingers or toes for several hours...it was 58o F AND I was wearing gloves! <_<

Eric's the one planning the dysautonomia cruise <_< , I'm pretty sure a summer one would be fine. The temps in Alaska are still pretty cool there, but not FRIGID. I agree with you. "Georgia cold" is wicked- probably because we are sooooo unused to it. It's also wet, cold. That high humidity & low temps are rough.

Let me know when your spa opens :o We'll have G-E-N-T-L-E massage therapists.

Julie