Mammogram

gertie

I do find them painful and sometimes feel a little dizzy after wards maybe from the pain or from standing still for a time, but it is a passing thing.

I have always feared I would faint with my breast in the vice grip, either from pain, or from standing. Wonder if that has ever happened?

This year was horrible for me...new location, same surgeon and 3 hours waiting.

They used the new digital mammograms and the tech had me HOLD MY BREATH too long. The worst thing for ME is breath holding (can't even sing or do simple breath exercises) Between the discomfort and breath holding, I had to sit down in between views.I was counting to 20 and holding my breath..NO WAY..instant dizziness/faintness feeling.

I finally told the lady holding my breath so long triggers HR and BP issues. SO she said she would only say hold my breath when I needed to..which was 6 seconds. HUGE difference. Cripes. The minute she got me fixed for views she told me to hold my breath WHILE she walked across the room. THEN she waited until she got by the machine to TAKE the views.

in the 10 yrs or so I've been thru this breath holding was never an issue..the pain YES as I have breasts full of cysts so smashing while tender HURTS..but other than this, it's never such an issue except sitting up for so long. This year was the WORST for waiting though....sigh

She also offered to have me sit in a chair for some views but by that time, I just sat with knees against chest for a moment or two and that helped.

I usually don't have problems with my yearly mammograms, except some dizziness from standing in one place too long - and it takes them some time to locate enough breast material to try to flatten out! (kidding....sort of)

Cheers,

Jana