Seasonal Allergies

gertie

I'm allergic to just about everything, meds, foods, pollen & wonder if Dys contributes to this? I don't react to pollens the way most people do with sneezing & runny nose. I react with everything burning. If my DH comes in the house without changing clothes after being outside where he's been in the Ragweed & grasses I immediately start burning in my nose, throat & mouth, sometimes my whole body feels on fire & it lasts for days. I find this very odd. DH doesn't always remember to leave his gardening clothes outside & I admit I get pretty upset sometimes when he makes me sick. Allergy meds do not help. Thanks.

Just my opinion, but I've had allergies since I was a baby, so I don't consider them to be related to my dysautonomia. I think that a lot of us are med-sensitive, but I've always been that way, too. Hmm. I wonder how many of us have seasonal/other allergies?

What does your allergist say about your symptoms? I've never heard of burning before, more itchiness, stuffy/runny nose, sneezing, the usual suspects.

Jana

Pots and allergy problems started at the same time for me. I also have more systemic reactions and first had problems with black mold exposure when I was pregnant. I think both caused the pots.

I don't think I have food allergies- but I can't do dairy. I have extreme drug reactions and being around something I am allergic to causes POTS symptoms.

i feel like a connection is there for me but I don't know how exactly. We should do a poll to find out how many of us have allergies-

Things that help me -No Carpets-No curtains- no down or feathers. Also a special air filter attached to our heat and a/c/ If you want info I can ask my husband. Also I don't let anyone (hubby or children) in bed unwashed- hair really holds pollen.

Allergist didn't help me before my POTS diagnosis. he thought I was too sick for the level of my allergies- I have a good allergist now. Good luck

Thanks for replies. kayjay, What you are doing has worked well for me for several years. I can't imagine getting into bed & not having hair washed. I have covers over all pillows & mattress . Taking carpet out of the house & using unscented products has probably helped the most. Mold is one of the hardest things to deal with.

I have to be careful to always use 'ALL Free' on my laundry, and to only use Ivory or sometimes Dove for soap. And yes, unscented everything! Perfume makes me feel particularly awful - those perfumed ads in magazines can have me sneezing and miserable very quickly...