Ever Hear Of Wellesse Liquid Vitamin D3

Maxine

We were at costco, and their demos were out showing all the fun foods vitamins ect.

MY husband said there was some vitamin some liquid D3, and the lady suggested I try it. at first I was reluctant, but then tought how bad could vitamin D be?

I had reactions to it before, but it was body aches/flu feeling. We had our 5 year old granddaughter Kaela with us, and at first I felt light headed, then I wanted to get out of there. We took her home, and my son came out to greet us with little Mackenzie. I told him we had to go. On the way, while we were on his street I felt some terrible heat rushes though my chest and abdomen-------kind of like taking a large swig of strong whiskey. Then if felt like my heart was trying to beat against the wind, or it was irregular----something weird----then fast, but when I felt my pulse it only seemd a little fast, maybe high 90s. My guts are upset do, and it made me run to the bathroom. It felt like I couldn't breathe, then I started to breathe in and out in a regular rythm and it seemed to help.

This couldn't be from vitamin D3 could it. All the rest of the ingredients were natural.

I'm so low on vitamin D, and even though my bone density scan came out OK----(just some osteopenia in hips, and a little in my wrists), I know I'll have to find a way to get my levels up since I'm only at a level of 3. My body doesn't like the sun either. I went out in the sun yesterday because it was in the 50s outside, so I could tolerate it better. If every day was like thaat I could get enough sun.

http://www.target.com/Wellesse-Vitamin-D3-...y/dp/B001JSDEJQ

I saw the previous post on vitamin D3, and it seems a lot of us are low on it. However, I don't think it causes POTS. I think our POTS is something else not related to this. The important reason for having normal levels of D3 is for bone health, and possibly preventing some forms of cancer.

It seems my body doesn't like it one bit, and I would love to know why.

Anyone know how long it takes to metabolize this stuff out of my body? I know it sounds weird because I need this In my body----and I don't understand why I have this reaction----unless it's ome kind of autoimmune thing. :(

Ever here of this stuff?

Maxine :0)

Maxine, I just wanted to remind you that your reaction could have been because you were in costco, not because of the D. I am always looking for a reason why I have a problem and I always seem to think of meds and or food causing the problems (b/c sometimes they do) but today my mom took me to the supermarket and I had a doozy of a spell out of the blue and have been horrible ever since. Your reaction sounds a bit like my adrenal surges.

still- I wouln't try that one again not worth the risk. I just know I am always looking for cause = effect and often there is no relation.

Hope you are feel better. I am taking a D in pill form and + 100% rda in my multi. Also laying in the sun and out of the wind when I can.

Thanks--- ;)

I DO seem to have a reaction to vitamin D for some reason.

It's hard to tell if it would be Costco, as my OI is usually delayed and sudden----this time it was quick. My reaction under OI stress is different also. It's more like a switch just shuts off and I MUST sit or lay down. This was more of a creepy kind of rush with added dizziness, and my breathing was affected along with weird heart sensations---------it almost felt like a backfire, but the sensation was also in my abdomen. NO chest pain though-----at least I don't think so. Who knows, I have so much pain in my thoracic back also, and it spreads to the chest area------------it really works the nerves.------:blink:

I'm so sick with the swelling in my lower right side of my neck, and the rest of my enck and lower cranial pain I don't know weather I'm coming or going. I didn't need this rotton spell on top of everything. B)

It may be the dose of sugar that got you going, not the Vitamin D. I find sometimes sugar when I haven't had anything recently will set me off. I take Carlson DDrops. http://www.npicenter.com/anm/templates/new...1&zoneid=8; http://www.carlsonlabs.com/ They are basically pure D. I started with one drop (1000IU) and now take 4 daily. I used to have reactions to the other Ds, and I think it was the inactive ingredients.

Sara

It could be something else you were allergic but if you try it again try smaller dose. I've tried several D3's including a cream & I have a reaction to all of them. If I take it for a few days I get so lethargic I can't function not to mention sweating & burning. Be careful.

Thanks for the replies--- :rolleyes::)

I think everything is natural in it. Sugar doesn't bother me at all-----UNLESS maybe I had an excessive amount. I've gone to "teas"--(I guess that's what you call them), anyway, there's lots of desserts and most of us taste everything. This is only an occasional thing, but I've not noticed sugar bothering me other then when I first got sick and my body was on hyperdrive. Everything bothered me then.

My body is so sensitive, but sugar isn't one of the things that bothers me. However, all the fake sugars always give me a mild reaction-----a little more so with splenda....... I think that stuff is poison.

I would love to know the big mystery behind this reaction. I've had reactions to D-3 before, but this one was really bizzarre, and I'm thankful it was short lived.

ajw4055, that's interesting about the D-3 being derived lanolin (sheep).

Maxine,

I think sugar substitutes of all kinds are evil. I have never been able to tolerate them, even when I was younger and healthy. Plus, they make me want to rip the skin off my tongue. It is poison. That is why it always freaks me out when people suggest G2 and other electrolyte formulas that have saccharin, sucralose, or aspartame in them. I like agave nectar and stevia though, probably because they are both natural and have been used for ages by traditional peoples. I recently found some drink mix packets called Electrolyte Stamina Power Paks. I think they are made by the same company as EmergenC and I found them in the health food store. They have 160 grams of sodium, 201 mg of potassium, 1200 mg of Vitamin C, and a few other minerals and vitamins with only 2 grams of sugar/carbs and eight calories because it is largely sweetened with stevia. It isn't that sweet, but it is not as sour and heartburn inducing as EmergenC. I can actually enjoy drinking it.