More poking and prodding tomorrow

MightyMouse

Hey all. I have my colposcopy tomorrow at 12:15. Teri's coming with me and will be in the room too because I just can't go alone. I've been trying to make jokes about it today-- but I'm mostly anticipating the same pain I had for the last one. When the doctor called to tell me we needed to do this, I told him that I'd only do it under one condition...and he asked "what's that?" and then I apologized for my language and told him I'd only do it if I could tell him it "hurts like a mother (insert very naughty word)." He said "okay, and I should tell you you're not the first person to say that to me today." ;)

I've decided that I need to laugh about this stuff in order to calm down ... and I've planned my greeting for him for tomorrow. When he comes in the room, I'm going to tell him how brave he is, and when he asks why, I'm going to tell him that he's brave for not wearing protective gear like a football helmet to protect his head from my wrath if he hurts me. ;) A girl can dream :) besides, if he really hurts me, Teri would come to my rescue... or at least drive me home and get me some really good drugs from the pharmacy :blink:

Here's to less pain (not just for me... for everyone)! Nina

Guest tearose

Good luck today! Teri will be a great advocate for you so try to let go of some part of the concern and give it to her. Just thought of one positive thing...it will be at long time till you'll need this test again! I hope you will be suprised this time and you won't hurt so much. I'm thinking of you this afternoon and imagining you cuddling with a big soft pillow and resting comfortably. take care, tearose

Thanks Everyone :)

I'm fairly medicated at the moment--but it went okay. Did hurt, but not as much as the first one I had years ago. BTW, despite having taken my daily dose of cozaar (lowers bp) percocet AND xanax before the appointment, my blood pressure was 160/90! Pre-procedure jitters really shot my bp up.

It'll be 2 more weeks before I get the biopsy results, but the doctor thought that it didn't look like I'd had significant changes. The other issue, my low back pain and left lower pelvis pain, is still unaccounted for by the ovarian cyst--too small for that. So, now he's sending me to a urologist to rule out kidney stones; my urine is still out of whack. Looks like a cystoscopy will be in my not-to-distant-future.

Off to take a nap... thanks for all your good wishes. Helped me be brave today. BTW, The doctor didn't get my joke...I had to explain it to him ;) but then he laughed. And I only cursed a few times and managed to not use the worst words...a few ****'s mostly. Okay, giving in to the xanax now...nighty night.

Nina :)

Awe, thanks guys :)

I'm pretty funny on xanax...loopy...and silly...but makes me too sleepy for regular use. Half a xanax is all I took today and I slept from just after writing my note--2pm or so, 'til 5pm. I'm crampy but I know that will pass.

Now onward to try and figure out what this lower left pain is... the urologists office sent me a faxed Rx for a KUB x-ray that I'm supposed to have done before I go to my appointment with him. I think they want to see if they can pick up any stones on the films.

In case I haven't told you all lately, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!! Everyday I come to check in on the forum I feel like I'm checking in with my friends...even though I've only met a few of you in person, you're as important to me as any of my friends that I'm able to "see". (and that aint the drugs talkin'!).

:) Nina

Hi Nina!

Been thinking of you and following your story. Glad you made it through the test without discharging any firearms.

Do you think your pelvic pain might be from the bone harvest Dr. Heffez did? Every once in a while I get some mild pain there if I sleep all night on my left side.

Wishing you some good days in the near future. Best wishes,

Dan

Hi Dan, good to see ya :) Yeah, my hip gives me some singing pain from time to time, but it's higher up than where this pain is...very low, just above the bone and where the leg crease is with the abdomen, where the bony arch is and to the left of it. The pain runs through to my low back.

The other pain from yesterday has really died down. Still achey, but tolerable even without any meds. Off to work with me!

Nina :)