Unusual Shock-like Pain In Toes And Sometimes Feet

jjb

Hi all.

For the past month or so, I have been getting these unusual shock like pain. Most commonly occurs in toes on the left foot but sometimes in my foot itself.

Comes out of the blue ... don't see a trigger.

The pain is intense but only lasts a couple for seconds.

Does this sound relevant to neuropathy or aut related?

Thanks,

Jen

sounds like neurological pain--the shock like pain is very typical of neuro pain. I get it in my fingers and toes, sometimes also in my biceps and triceps

I've had tingling and some numbness in my left hand for about the last 5 or 6 weeks now. I'm not sure if I pinched a nerve, or if it's just another one of dysautonomia's little 'gifts' to me. This doesn't come and go, it's always there. Anyone else?

I have bad discs and can trace much of the nerve pain to specific discs. Big toe is L4-L5, top of foot, outside of shin-- I get that too. Other toes, sole, and ball of foot are L5-S1. Mine is usually triggered by too much sitting, bending, and other spinally risky activities.

Often, usually with activity, my feet will go numb: starting with the second toe and working up the inside of my lower leg...very annoying. What really irritates me are the ZAPS! when I reach for something or grab something the wrong way. I'll grip a doorknob or a glass and it feels like its hooked up to a live current! It is almost like hitting my funny bone, only I've just gripped a mug or turned a doorknob. I get the crazy tingling too.

Is there anything that helps or ways to avoid these?

sorry to hear your troubles my neuropathy that is in my arms, hands, legs, feet gives me similar troubles....please don't walk on the when they are this way, as i have broken my foot and not known it.....sprained it, had all kinds of bad accidents as i can't feel real pain.

in my hands, i've lost the feeling in fingers numb like thinking it would go away. it was cubital tunnel a cousin to carpal tunnel which i also have. all require braces. and testing is done to find out if you have this. if you don't do something about the cubital and carpal you could need surgery. check it out with your neuro. or doctor as that was my situation.

blessings bellamia~

I have been wondering about spinal issues.

I have had a pinching sensation I think partway down my spine for the past several months.

Last year after having had a chest ct scan, it showed some spinal lesions.

I have not followed up to see exactly what they are yet ... but I have been wondering if it is relevant to these odd pains.

I have bad discs and can trace much of the nerve pain to specific discs. Big toe is L4-L5, top of foot, outside of shin-- I get that too. Other toes, sole, and ball of foot are L5-S1. Mine is usually triggered by too much sitting, bending, and other spinally risky activities.