Birth Control.... Somebody Has Tryed With Saheli (centchroman) Pills?

I have been taking birth control pills, Jazmyn, but many others before..... about 6 years, and I must say it really changed my life, even made worst my dysautonomia symptoms.....my cardiologist, nutriologist, etc... have told me I am not a person who can take hormones because aaaaaallllll of my problems (health) so I started searching and searching and I found out about Saheli pills, this are being used in India since 1970 and are effective about a 99%, I even contacted the lab that are making this pills and they put me in contact with their sales offices in Peru (since I am in Mexico), the thing is I bought this pills and I have about 2 weeks taking it and I must say I am starting to feel less inflamation in all my body, and I am starting feeling "ME" again...... have someone tryied this pills????? :D

No, I've never heard of those. If they're working for you, great. Are they FDA approved? I've been on birth control pills for 20-some years now, and my PCP would like me to stay on them until menopause hits since I have osteoporosis of the spine. They have the lowest dose of estrogen I can take, since I have heart disease. If these drugs end up not working for you, another hormone-free option is Mirena.

Good luck,

Jana

I have never heard of it. I talked to my niece - she is a nurse in an Ob-Gyn office and she talked to the doctor and he had not heard of it either. I tried doing an internet search and didn't really find any answers either.

Are they a prescription item? They seem to fit in the "Natropathic" category, but there just doesn't seem to be much info.

Its a common misperception that the Mirena is 'hormone free'. Or even that it only has progesterin. The Mirena has the same amount of hormones delivered systemically directly into the bloodstream via the uterus as a lowdose bp pill or the cervix ring.

The only non-hormonal option (fda approved) is the copper iud, the today sponge (back on the market this month), the diaphram, the cervical cap, and ofcourse male and female condoms. For those considering a permanent solution, there are two fda approved 'new' techniques that place a tiny coil inside the fallopean tube. The procedure, Essure, can be done in the gyn office without anesthesia.

Can you tell that I am a perimenapausal woman who's been researching non-hormonal bp options for sometime now? lol

The only thing I see on the net about Saheli ... is forums where women talk about who became pregnant while using them.

It would be grand if it did work and the fda could get some studies to support its use here in the US.

Hello Jana!..... Mirena do have hormones: Mirena (levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system) slowly releases very small amounts of the hormone levonorgestrel directly into your uterus, I have mitral valve prolapse wich cause me tachycardia, so I am trying to quit on hormones. Thank you :))!!

FDA hasn't aproved yet, but you know how long it takes for any new medication to be aproved anyway, it has been used in India for about 40 years and this lab is starting to move outside India, they are starting for South America, this birth control pill has been started to be sale in Peru since last month, so I think they will reach many other countries later. I am looking for the information I have read about this pill, and I will be posting this.

http://www.hindlatex.com/TipsnGuidesdetail...170&type=25

I had the essure procedure in march along with an endometrial ablation. No hormones, and even better for me, no periods! The recovery was not worse than some of my worst periods, and as having children is something that is just not going to be possible for me, it was the obvious choice. I too, was having issues with the hormones, I had been on tri-cyclen for about 15-16 years. As my health does not seem to be likely to stabilize any time soon, and some of my meds carry HUGE risks, I made my peace with the fact that if I do become a parent, it will be by adoption. But hey, DNA does not a family make! So I would say I definitely reccomend the procedure, especially with the ablation to minimize periods, or if you are lucky like me, do away with them entirely!

The Mirena IUS does contain hormones - it has levonorgestrel (a progesterone). It is released into the uterus where it acts directly. A small amount is absorbed into the blood stream but it is much less than with combined pills, mini-pill (progesterone only pill) and a lot less than with the Implanon implant.

Many people who get side effects from mini-pill or Implanon find that they don't get those systemic side effects from the Mirena. However if anyone has to be totally hormone free for medical reasons or personal choice then the mirena is not for them.

Flop