Angry And Distraught Over New Dr.'s Thoughts--need Advice

marni4u

(((hugs)))

add me to the list of folks who have literally "been there, done that". i'll try to get back with more of my story (related to the psych accusations) but at least wanted to post briefly now.

hang in there & - while it doesn't fix the situation - know you're not alone and that many here (and elsewhere) have been there,

:) melissa

Sunfish, It's nice to see you posting-------even if it's only a little bit.

I want to add that I DO feel fortunate to have a pretty good tem of doctors now, but unfortunately still searching for a good neurologist and neurosurgeon that have a good understanding of EDS and cervical/cranial instability.

Please don't take any type of disrespect from a doctor OR nurse. If your up to it call them on it, and if your too sick and weak/vulnerable have someone go with you who is supportive and understands you, and can advocate for you.

If it turns into an abusive situation, REPORT IT. If we continue to let the medical profession treat us poorly, this will continue, and at some point it will lead to tragedy. Abuse = neglect.

Maxine :0)

That is Munchhausen bi-proxy.

Sadly many parents of children with chronic health problems including epilepsy are also accused.

the criteria for both conditions is nuts and there are so many docotrs out there that just have little common sense.

Because these false accusations can be so hurtful, I suggest file a formal complaint.

why did I think that Munchausem was when you did things to make your child sick???

anyway..I am sorry you went thru that. Many docs still look at me like I have 4 heads. I remember two that suggessted counseling. One to really be helpful but the first doctor I saw when I was just starting to get sick told me "it might be in my head" because there was nothing wrong in my blood tests...she told me to see a therapist...i told her i would love to but i wasn't well enough to sit thru a session....

just keep trying....:)

Erika

You poor thing! I had at least one doctor insist I just needed the right anti-depressent. While I do take cymbalta to help deal with my chronic pain and the depression it can cause, as many have said, you can not fake the TT! I am so very bleesed to have found a PCP that is so very willing to consult with Dr. Grubb to come up with a treatment plan, but it took a lot of work to get there. I interviewed several docs before picking mine, and would suggest you do the same. You pay them, they should work FOR you and WITH you!

It's so wonderful to have a place to get support and advice and, to hear other peoples stories and experiences whether situations are similar or different. At times when one thinks their problems are horrible, in some ways, when you read other peoples posts you realize your problems seems so small compared to others.